• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network to be Based in Connecticut, not Charlotte

Would ND be the 9th conf game plus a coastal or would we have Duke (traditional opponent) and 2 coastal teams? ....

I don't see how the ACC could count Notre Dame as a conference game, if conference membership means anything at all. ND games would likely count toward the two-game P5 minimum (and the minimum the ACC already has with ND).

I think what is really important about going to a 9-game conference schedule in ALL P5 conferences is that it further squeezes Notre Dame into a P5 conference for football. While the ACC will be happy to give ND more games, as the other P5 conferences go to higher conference minimums it is going to be increasingly difficult for ND to come up with a full schedule and to qualify for the playoffs. That will hit them in the $$$$$, which is what ND football has always been about.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/schools-begin-preparations-now-upcoming-acc-network-41774227

"As part of its upgrades to Joel Coliseum, Wake Forest is building multiple control rooms so it won't need those production trucks."

In addition to the league's live content, the control rooms will also be able to help with Wake Forest's self-produced content. I'd imagine they'll probably retrofit something in the Joel or Deacon Tower to have studio space for WF oriented programming as well.

Last edited:
The ACC’s athletic directors will vote at their fall meeting, set for Oct. 5

I would hope for 9 conference games, but guessing that the ACC will select the two Power V opponents and 8 conference games.

Yeah, all we need is 28 games a year against Power 5 opponents. They'll have to twist someone's arm into that. Sure, they'll all be willing to schedule Wake at their place, but who's going to schedule Clemson or FSU every year willingly ?

I'm with Pilchard on this. Nine ACC games is best for us, where rivalries mean more than to some of the more championship caliber teams. I hope the league sides with us (although it figures Well, man will side with the powers).

The hard part will be finding the other P5 teams to match-up with. Other conferences that don't have a 2 P5 minimum will not drop a home cupcake to take a road trip to an ACC team. They would gladly pay us a bag of nickles to travel out of our time zone to fulfill an arbitrary requirement. 9 conference games will keep travel costs down as well. I'd vote for 9 ACC games, 1 FCS, 1 P5, 1 Group 5 (C-USA, MAC, MWC, Sunbelt, AAC). ND would count as a P5.

It won't be that tough because WF can play non-conference games with ACC opponents, like WF is doing with UNC in 2019 and 2021.

It won't be that tough because WF can play non-conference games with ACC opponents, like WF is doing with UNC in 2019 and 2021.

Do not like. Games against ACC opponents should count as conf games. If that happens, it's a 9th conf game anyway... just to pander to some wishes of the high and mighty.

Do not like. Games against ACC opponents should count as conf games. If that happens, it's a 9th conf game anyway... just to pander to some wishes of the high and mighty.

Agree that playing 9 conference games is preferable and want the UNC game to count as a conference game, but if the ACC keeps it to 8 conference games with a two game Power V school requirement and WF only plays UNC twice every 8 years in a conference game. Would rather play UNC in an OOC game than Iowa State or Illinois or just about any OOC opponent.

Agree that playing 9 conference games is preferable and want the UNC game to count as a conference game, but if the ACC keeps it to 8 conference games with a two game Power V school requirement and WF only plays UNC twice every 8 years in a conference game. Would rather play UNC in an OOC game than Iowa State or Illinois or just about any OOC opponent.

Would more games against ACC teams that are "nonconference" count towards the requirement? Seems like an easy enough loophole for the folks in favor of an extra conference game to exploit.

If they go with 9 conference games, we'll lose those unc games and go into the formula for the crossover plan. Our divison six, Duke, one ACC home, one ACC away.

Hopefully they do a pretty equitable job of doing the schedule. Nothing like Wisky getting Michigan, Ohio State and Mich. State in the same year (and the first year of their 9-game sched). Sure they're hating that change right about now

Back