• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network to be Based in Connecticut, not Charlotte

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
"The long-awaited ACC Network will launch by Aug. 2019, according to league sources.

The Atlantic Coast Conference and ESPN have agreed to a 20-year deal and rights extension through the 2035-36 academic year, sources said.

The ACC also extended its conference grant of rights deal nine years through 2035-36, a source said."

"While the linear network will launch by 2019, the ACC Network's digital channel starts this fall, sources said."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network

-----------------------------------------------
After six years of deliberation and discussion, the ACC is close to an updated television deal with ESPN that will include the long-awaited ACC cable channel as well as innovative “over-the-top” components, content delivered directly to viewers via the Internet, known as OTT.

The announcement regarding a new ESPN deal could come as soon as the ACC’s football kickoff event in Charlotte on Thursday and Friday, where ACC commissioner John Swofford is scheduled to meet with the media Thursday morning.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article90393122.html#storylink=cpy

-----------------------

"ACC commissioner John Swofford has spent much of the last four years offering vaguely confident updates on a prospective television outlet dedicated to the league. With the project almost assuredly near fruition, here’s suspecting he’d like to avoid further jousting with media at the conference’s preseason football gathering.

That’s why the ACC and ESPN could well unveil their future partnership before Swofford and reporters meet July 21 in Charlotte, N.C., for his annual state-of-the-conference presser.

As always with negotiations, contractual minutiae may intervene, but if so, this year’s ACC Kickoff will resemble 2012’s, when Swofford’s words and tenor all but announced that the league was poised to welcome Notre Dame – the parties confirmed their nuptials less than two months later.

The linear and/or digital details of an ACC channel remain unknown, but the momentum has been clear since spring."

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-espn-close-tv-post.html

Last edited:
This should help Wake with low/non revenue sports right? Like basketball?

Should be good news. Hopefully games that would usually be on ESPN3 will be on here. There should be ACCN games at noon, 3:30, and 7:00 every Saturday.

Hopefully it also kills off the shitty Raycom games too. Being bumped by whatever crappy CW or MyTV show is amateur hour. Plus the picture was below SD quality.

Presumably more non-revenue sports (college baseball, soccer) will also be televised as well, which is nice.

Should be good news. Hopefully games that would usually be on ESPN3 will be on here. There should be ACCN games at noon, 3:30, and 7:00 every Saturday.
I haven't read anything on it but I'd be that it'll likely be similar to the SEC network where there's an ACC2 channel for times when two games need to be televised at the same time.

Presumably more non-revenue sports (college baseball, soccer) will also be televised as well, which is nice.
Yeah, plus the schools will have the opportunity to produce some shows if they want. So maybe a weekly Deacon Update show or something.

Yeah, plus the schools will have the opportunity to produce some shows if they want. So maybe a weekly Deacon Update show or something.

Just broadcast the quad webcam for our time slot until our football and basketball programs improve and our baseball coach quits trying to...uh...quit.

Could this get implemented for this season please. 2 of our first 3 games i have to watch on my iPad on espn3

Hopefully it also kills off the shitty Raycom games too. Being bumped by whatever crappy CW or MyTV show is amateur hour. Plus the picture was below SD quality.

Not in most markets. Raycom has been producing the games in HD for quite some time now, sounds like it your local affiliate's problem that they don't show it in HD.

I still like my "Wake Forest Quadwatch" idea. Campus aesthetics is the best thing we have going for us right now.

Like the scenery channel in Back to the Future II.

http://webcam.wfu.edu/

This. I think there is a huge opportunity to promote traditional "non-revenue" sports into a positive revenue stream. The sports above, lacrosse, women's volleyball (thin women with nice legs jump, and hug each other after each point - why isn't this popular??!!), olympic sports. I watched the BattleFrog championships last weekend (Va Tech, Ga Tech participated) on ESPN. Or we could start the amateur collegiate sports process over and broadcast intramural championship contests - flag football, basketball, softball - school champs battle for ACC crown.

And fill in remaining open time slots with TAGS. :thumbsup:

Not in most markets. Raycom has been producing the games in HD for quite some time now, sounds like it your local affiliate's problem that they don't show it in HD.

That was definitely the affiliate. Plus those games were free to watch. The ACC Network will probably be an upcharge for anyone living outside the footprint.

If you live in NC the games might be on TWC digital cable, they put some E3 games on the 520ish channels sometimes

Back