• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network to be Based in Connecticut, not Charlotte

It is also about the money it takes to put the network on and produce it, find sponsorships for it and hire announcers for all the televised events and pay for everything. You are talking about almost every single thing being televised so you have to pay for all this talent to show up and announce. It is not just about the schools and conference collecting money from a network like ESPN putting it on. Ask the PAC how it has been going. The Atlantic Coast Conference does not exactly have people bowling us over to come to our games except for a few teams in each of football, basketball and baseball. This is going to be a tough go.

As others have pointed out, doing it through ESPN would offset a lot of the issues you just pointed out.

The only question I have right now is what the contract setup is with Raycom.

From online:

Official association with the Atlantic Coast Conference is available through its multimedia platform...The ACC Network. The ACC Network reaches ACC fans everywhere - through syndicated television, digital, mobile, and promotional/experiential platforms.

Marketing opportunities are available through live games and television shows, official sponsorships, mobile applications, digital/social media and championship event activation. Packages can be tailored to accomplish any advertiser's objectives. Assets include:

Television:

Live Telecasts
Original programming
Official Sponsor Opportunities:

Official Status
Mark Usage
Consumer & In-Venue Promotions
Signage at ACC Events
On-Site Activation at Championship Events
Tickets & Hospitality
Entitlement of special programs
Outreach & Cause Related Marketing
Mobile Advertising:

Presenting sponsorship of Official ACC Applications
In-app advertising
Digital Sponsorship Opportunities:

Banner Ad & geo-targeted Campaigns
Pre-Roll Video Ads
Section/Feature Sponsorships
Contests/Sweepstakes
Texting Promotions
Email Blasts
Social Media

After six years of deliberation and discussion, the ACC is close to an updated television deal with ESPN that will include the long-awaited ACC cable channel as well as innovative “over-the-top” components, content delivered directly to viewers via the Internet, known as OTT.

The announcement regarding a new ESPN deal could come as soon as the ACC’s football kickoff event in Charlotte on Thursday and Friday, where ACC commissioner John Swofford is scheduled to meet with the media Thursday morning.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article90393122.html

over-the-top-1987.jpg

Since Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they forgo football independence before the grant of rights expires in 20 years, when do they finally come on board? This sweetheart deal they get is really annoying.

Where there is smoke there is fire. This Charlotte to the AC talk is heating up again on my end. Have you people heard anything? I'm not sure we'll join or if we want to go to the SEC or wherever West Virginia ends up.

Since Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they forgo football independence before the grant of rights expires in 20 years, when do they finally come on board? This sweetheart deal they get is really annoying.

Why buy the cow...

If ND joins the ACC, we will go from playing them every 3 years to every 8 years.

Where there is smoke there is fire. This Charlotte to the AC talk is heating up again on my end. Have you people heard anything? I'm not sure we'll join or if we want to go to the SEC or wherever West Virginia ends up.
GO3aab5.gif

They're not going to join in full for football and frankly I don't know why we would want them to do so. The current deal is a great set up for the conference and Wake Forest.

Only a football playoff scenario that is not friendly to independents/ND would send them to full time football membership.

Only a football playoff scenario that is not friendly to independents/ND would send them to full time football membership.

The playoff expanding to 8 with auto bids to the Power 5 conference champions, which many see as the next logical step, would certainly have that effect.

Back