• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA moving 2017 ASG out of CLT

LOL. Not all of them, Townie. I'm thrilled anytime the NBA takes anything out of the state.

(McCrory is also going to be reelected because of all this garbage. I didn't vote for him four years ago, but I am damned sure going to vote for him this time.)

I find this to be so ironic, because he didn't want this fight. Berger and Co. seemed to be driving this bus and it almost ran him over, but he will win reelection because of it (and at times, in spite of himself).

Isn't he down in the polls?

I haven't seen anything recent, but I was talking with a pretty big insider yesterday (not a fan of his, BTW) who says he's going to win, even with Trump drag. People in the hinterlands love him (including a lot of traditional Dems) because of HB 2. If you know anything about the history of it, it's ironic as can be.

Which is perfectly fine so long as the NBA is willing to accept its role as social change agent and all of the ramifications that potentially come with that role, as the market works both ways. It will be interesting to see how far they push these kinds of positions if cities/states start pushing back with respect to infrastructure improvements and tax breaks.
The NBA has made their role very clear for the past 10 years or so, with Donald Sterling's punishment and The Banana Boat crew's statement at the ESPY's being very loud examples.

Oh BKF, are you upset that you're losing your country? Face it holmes, hairy ass tranvestites are going to be hanging their tranny dongs over toilets in the stalls next to your great grand daughters, and you won't be able to do jack shit about it. You and your backward ass Asheboro constituents can't do shit about it but hold a little pitchfork revolt and keep passing piss ant state laws until our liberal supreme Court beats your backwards brains out into submission. Enjoy senility. This country is ours.

By the time that I'm an angry old fart like you, you can't even imagine the PC bullshit I'll be angry about. People marrying umbrellas and whether or not we can fuck while we're in our self driving cars. All this shit you want to stop will be normal and historic, written in goddamn granite.

You get me fucking pumped about progress, BKF. Thank you for that.

Bunch of dumb fuckers relying on Iron Age Holy Books to get votes from people who never read a book. Had laws against child molestation, rape, sexual assault , and pedophiles for at least 75 years. So Raleigh passes this dumb shit and says people have an expectation of privacy in a public bathroom. That's the big lie to start with. If you are a grown ass male, have lived in a dorm, been in the military, gone to an airport, stopped at a convenience store, you know that's bull shit. So Charlotte loses $100 million large over complete bullshit. If you vote for these people you can just kiss my ass. They are idiots.

Jamal Crawford is proposing to have the ASG in the best city that doesn't have an NBA team - Seattle. It's a good idea.

Though I don't want to rain on the beautiful parade that is posts such as MDMH's, Bob1's political stances are proof positive he's 100% troll.

Knowing Wake is/was? a conservative-leaning school he positions himself as a staunch Democrat, until he realizes this board is majority lib and now he's Repub.

Whatever gets you out of bed in the morning

will there ever be a young ish normal fella in politics popular enough to beat the olds and stop them ruining the country?

will there ever be a young ish normal fella in politics popular enough to beat the olds and stop them ruining the country?

Our last three presidents were youngish compared to the usual. I'd love to have a fellow micro old in the White House as long as he's not Satan's span or a robot.

Hmmmm yeah that's a good point. Seems like it all really went to shit when the olds got nervous about Obama and started going crazy, which somehow snowballed into backwards morons actually having a voice somehow

Back