• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

you overpay sometimes by sitting back and waiting in an auction. People get a little frustrated that marquee players are leaving the board so a bidding war on a player not as good as say AP can get the price above what you would have paid for AP. Sometimes its best to nominate and get your guys that you want first before the mkt is set.

12 team keeper league. I would have likely won if Charles and Allen hadn't gotten hurt last year. Kept most of my starters.

QB: Rivers
WR1: Brown
WR2: Allen
RB1: Charles
RB2: Freeman
TE: Walker
Flex: Stewart
K: Aguayo
D: Carolina

Funchess
Coleman
Pharaoh Cooper
Boyd
RG3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 teams, with 2 keepers. last years champ kept Antonio brown and devonta freeman for 57 total. he added Julio and Rodgers. gonna be tough to beat

Hard to believe Julio and Rodgers didn't get kept. Wow.

Yea we do it price you got him for plus $7 and the guy overpaid for Rodgers last year. Not sure Julios story

We do $5 per keeper Y1, $10 Y2, $20 Y3, etc. It was a compromise between people wanting to lift our buy in and people wanting it to stay $50.

you overpay sometimes by sitting back and waiting in an auction. People get a little frustrated that marquee players are leaving the board so a bidding war on a player not as good as say AP can get the price above what you would have paid for AP. Sometimes its best to nominate and get your guys that you want first before the mkt is set.

This is true. You have to take the temperature of the room. Sitting back can land you in a bidding war for last good player in tier, too.

That is the nice thing about auctions. They are so dynamic, and things can go 1000 different ways. Big money can be spent early, middle or late. You need to find the soft spots, and get as many good players you can at a value.

It really helps to identify the personality types in the room. Bid up the Splurgers so they have no money late. Enter bidding wars with Misers or Budget Bidders bc they will drop out, but don't let them drive your price too high. If you feel they are, you drop out on them. They'll have a high dollar player they didn't anticipate, and have to recalculate their strategy. I was bidding up somebody on Cam a couple years ago, and they dropped out on me - I pushed them too far and got caught bluffing. Cam was ok to have, but I overpaid for his production from 2-3 years ago. I couldn't play around like that the rest of the auction.

Who wins?

Team A gets: David Johnson, Chris Johnson (handcuff), Markus Wheaton

Team B gets: DeAndre Hopkins, Ryan Matthews

Team A's other RBs and WRs: C Hyde, M Jones, A Abdullah, TJ Yeldon, A Robinson, S Shepard, C Coleman, V Jackson

Team B's other RBs and WRs: E Elliott, L McCoy, M Forte, T West, D Moncrief, T Lockett, J Landry, T Sharpe

Who wins?

Team A's other RBs and WRs: C Hyde, M Jones, A Abdullah, TJ Yeldon, A Robinson, S Shepard, C Coleman, V Jackson

Team B's other RBs and WRs: E Elliott, L McCoy, M Forte, T West, D Moncrief, T Lockett, J Landry, T Sharpe

B but A needs to make a move... That team is sort of garbage. With that trade I say B is a stout squad.

We're finally close enough for start 'em/sit 'em talk!

Trying to pick a flex between: Arian Foster (at Seattle), Christine Michael (vs Miami), Allen Hurns (vs Green Bay)

Dallas fanboys, is Dez going to start this week? Still seeing him listed as questionable on most sites with a concussion, and with him playing in the 4:25pm slot, I can only wait until about noon on Sunday to decide on a replacement.

Everyone prepare your anus for the litany of Questionable designations this season.

Dallas fanboys, is Dez going to start this week? Still seeing him listed as questionable on most sites with a concussion, and with him playing in the 4:25pm slot, I can only wait until about noon on Sunday to decide on a replacement.

Dez will play

Who wins?

B but A needs to make a move... That team is sort of garbage. With that trade I say B is a stout squad.

He countered me that he wants J Landry or D Moncrief instead of Wheaton and it's a deal.

Thoughts if I should pull the trigger on either one?

I'd do Moncrief over Landry if you decide to do that.

Back