• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I drafted a shitty work team last night - 14 team league, need some advice on my flex & RB1/RB2 spot (yes, it was a spotty draft) - options are:

Langford @ Texans
Ware vs San Diego
Jeremy Hill @ Jets
Abdullah @ Indy
Forsett vs Buffalo
Keenan Allen @ KC

I've got Langford and Ware starting at RB and Allen at the flex right now - but it seems like its all a complete crapshoot.

Which QB?

Dak Prescott (off waivers) vs NY Giants
Andy Dalton @ NY Jets (calling for rain)
or Blake Bortles vs GB (calling for rain)

I drafted a shitty work team last night - 14 team league, need some advice on my flex & RB1/RB2 spot (yes, it was a spotty draft) - options are:

Langford @ Texans
Ware vs San Diego
Jeremy Hill @ Jets
Abdullah @ Indy
Forsett vs Buffalo
Keenan Allen @ KC

I've got Langford and Ware starting at RB and Allen at the flex right now - but it seems like its all a complete crapshoot.

Right now, that's exactly how I would play it, too. Ware being the most obvious RB starter.

Langford @ Texans
Ware vs San Diego
Jeremy Hill @ Jets
Abdullah @ Indy
Forsett vs Buffalo
Keenan Allen @ KC

Ware, Abdullah, and.... ??? I'd probably role the dice with Allen too

Right now, that's exactly how I would play it, too. Ware being the most obvious RB starter.

I agree.

I can't decide who to start in my flex: Ware vs SD or L.Murray vs NO. My other RB's are D. Will PIT, and Ingram NO. Ware and Murray are both projected for 10 pts.

Bortles. Not even close.

This - none of them are great options for week 1, but Bortles is a better play than the other two. Prescott would be a sneaky play since the Giants D is still going to be shoddy, but he's a rookie, in game 1, can never trust that.

I agree.

I can't decide who to start in my flex: Ware vs SD or L.Murray vs NO. My other RB's are D. Will PIT, and Ingram NO. Ware and Murray are both projected for 10 pts.

This is a great problem to have, neither are bad options - probably go with Ware since the Chefs will grind it out more and likely win going away and I think the Raiders will have to score a lot to win, which means, potentially, more DeAndre Washington. That being said, gotta imagine either one scores more than 10 this week.

And if I could play a QB in a super flex spot... which one?

Other options: R Mathews, A Abdullah, Tajae Sharpe, T Lockett, J White

I like Dak this week better that Dalton, based on their matchups. Your other options probably aren't gonna outscore a QB.

This is a great problem to have, neither are bad options - probably go with Ware since the Chefs will grind it out more and likely win going away and I think the Raiders will have to score a lot to win, which means, potentially, more DeAndre Washington. That being said, gotta imagine either one scores more than 10 this week.

Yeah, I'm feeling good right now about my RB's, especially since it's a 14 team league, but in a few weeks, D Will and Ware will be far less valuable.

I can't shake a slight feeling of disappointment over my 12 team auction draft last night. I got to keep ODB, Jordy, and Rawls for peanuts, and then I went ham for a pair of starting RBs. I ended up with two mediocre QBs and TEs (my source of disappointment), though, and had second most cash leftover at the end.

QB: Rivers, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Zeke, Ingram, Rawls (with C-Mike handcuff), Jennings, McKinnon
WR: ODB, Jordy, Fitzgerald, Doctson
TE: Julius Thomas, Antonio Gates
D: Seahawks
K: Mason Crosby

The scoring heavily favors RBs, so you almost always want to start one in the Flex (so 3 total every week). This still turned out okay, right?

What is the margin between the two projected scores?
My model doesn't have a point output. But if you are curious, FantasyLabs (pay site pretty respected) has both of them at 21 points, with Carr having both a slightly lower floor and higher ceiling.

http://www.borischen.co/2016/06/quarterback-tier-rankings.html

Ratings says go Carr but I never sit my studs. You drafted Cam as high as you did for a reason.
This is such a horrible argument.

You draft Cam because you believe that over the length of the season, he will return you maximum value. Not because you then HAVE to start him every game, especially against the best defense in football.

If you drafted Jamaal Charles this week and he is active for the game but all signs say he won't play much, do you 100% start him? Because "Start your studs." Definitely not if you have two other guys like Deangelo Williams and Latavius Murray you can play instead. You evaluate each start/sit given the information you have. And in the case of Cam vs the best defense, you consider this.

All that said, it is still pretty close between Cam and Carr, but I'm more arguing against the "never sit my studs" comment.

Back