• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I'm starting Zeke in both of my leagues this week because your never sit Midriff Wearing Studs. NEVER.

If it's a close decision, 'start your studs' is a viable tie-breaker (but certainly not the only one). I'd rather place my trust a proven product against tough conditions than a less-proven commodity with more favorable conditions.

A blanket, unflinching rule (including 'never sitting your studs') is horrible, though.

If it's a close decision, 'start your studs' is a viable tie-breaker (but certainly not the only one). I'd rather place my trust a proven product against tough conditions than a less-proven commodity with more favorable conditions.

A blanket, unflinching rule (including 'never sitting your studs') is horrible, though.

I can see the argument against it. It was more in reference to Cam Newton. If you drafted (in this case it is less relevant since he was a keeper, which I didn't know at the time) the number 1 or 2 QB on the draft board don't overthink it.

Anybody know much about Ravens' receivers? I picked up Kamar Aiken from the waiver wire, but I was wondering whether he's just a stopgap until Smith (and Perriman?) are fully healthy. My other WR's are Jeffery, Lockett, K.White and Dorsett. I was wanting to strengthen my WR's, but Tajae Sharpe TEN and Perriman are also available. Any thoughts on who is better long term (this season, not a keeper league)?

Anybody know much about Ravens' receivers? I picked up Kamar Aiken from the waiver wire, but I was wondering whether he's just a stopgap until Smith (and Perriman?) are fully healthy. My other WR's are Jeffery, Lockett, K.White and Dorsett. I was wanting to strengthen my WR's, but Tajae Sharpe TEN and Perriman are also available. Any thoughts on who is better long term (this season, not a keeper league)?

Smith should be ready week 1. It's a huge crapshoot, IMO. They should have Wallace, Smith, Aiken and Perriman as full go. I would probably rank them Smith, Aiken, Wallace, Perriman, but Wallace obviously has (had?) big play ability. Long story short, he could be a decent flex play but he could also get like 2 points.

I think Mariota and Sharpe are going to form a solid partnership quickly

I think Mariota and Sharpe are going to form a solid partnership quickly

They looked real good together in the Panthers preseason game. I was happy to get Sharpe in Pit 1. I think he'll be a solid Flex play before long.

I have Rawls, C-Mike, and Beast Mode on a team and feel terrible about it. I really hope that shit clears up STAT.

My RB situation is a mess

Have Gurley
Hyde
West/Forsett

all of which have week 8 as a bye

only RB i have playing that week is Starks.

Trying to work D. Jackson for Melvin Gordon with a guy who's stacked on RBs and thin at WR. (we play 2WR, 1RB, 2Flex), expecting him to counter M. Gordon for J. Brown

My model doesn't have a point output. But if you are curious, FantasyLabs (pay site pretty respected) has both of them at 21 points, with Carr having both a slightly lower floor and higher ceiling.
Depending on scoring, Cam ended up with either 21 or 22 points.

Knowing this, would you take those 21/22 or roll the dice with Carr?

Back