• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

That after this discussion Cam and Carr had the same fantasy points.

With Allen donezo for the year, do I:

A) keep him (which would cost a 1st round pick next year and would be dropping Gurley)
B) drop him now (where some other schlub can pick him up and keep him for a 7th round pick, or best case - he clears waivers and I can keep him for a 7th)
C) stash him on the bench and don't keep him so he goes back into the draft.
D) try to trade him (which virtually no one would take b/c he would have 1st round keeper value)

C is the obvious choice, especially with a 7 man bench, correct?

With Allen donezo for the year, do I:

A) keep him (which would cost a 1st round pick next year and would be dropping Gurley)
B) drop him now (where some other schlub can pick him up and keep him for a 7th round pick, or best case - he clears waivers and I can keep him for a 7th)
C) stash him on the bench and don't keep him so he goes back into the draft.
D) try to trade him (which virtually no one would take b/c he would have 1st round keeper value)

C is the obvious choice, especially with a 7 man bench, correct?

C.

Even with a long bench, I'm sure you can find a decent flyer and/or keeper prospect that provides short-term value, and potentially better long-term value. Who knows when Allen will return and how well he'll play, and you're undoubtedly not keeping him with a 1st.

It's SO early in the season. Do you really want to tie up a roster spot for the rest of the season, just so someone else can't keep Allen with a 7th round pick (and a wasted 2016 roster spot)?

B.

Then maybe pick him back up around week 11 if he's still available.

I drafted a shitty work team last night - 14 team league, need some advice on my flex & RB1/RB2 spot (yes, it was a spotty draft) - options are:

Langford @ Texans
Ware vs San Diego
Jeremy Hill @ Jets
Abdullah @ Indy
Forsett vs Buffalo
Keenan Allen @ KC

I've got Langford and Ware starting at RB and Allen at the flex right now - but it seems like its all a complete crapshoot.

Started Allen over Abdullah or Hill - now I'm up 3, but my opponent has Deangelo Williams left to play, womp womp

Assuming you have the ability to waste a bench spot the entire season, I'd keep him and then let him go back to the draft. He's a round 2/3 pick next season (assuming he recovers) so you'll hurt yourself long term if you dropped him to benefit this season. It seems very likely that your seventh bench spot is not going to be in consideration to start regularly for you this season anyways.

Another Keenan Allen owner here. Will Travis Benjamin or Tyrell Williams >> Jordan Matthews with extra targets in pass happy SD? I'm thinking not - that they are more like Terence Williams when Dez got hurt. Wentz looked good, so a rookie QB may not be diminishing JM's value as much as expected (btw, someone added Tajae Sharpe for JM before Sunday, so he is available and I will finish this week DFL/1st waiver pick this week).

Without Allen, I have no WR1, but a ton of WR2's, hoping one of them emerges with WR1 season: Baldwin, Cobb, Decker, Edelman. So JM is pretty much in this class with same hopes.

I think Benjamin and Matthews will probably equal out at year end - Benjamin is inline for 8-10 targets per game moving forward, would assume his YPC goes up from here. I really don't like Benjamin as a receiver, but there isnt much else there now besides the plodding gates and Woodhead.

Slightly positive news coming from Rapoport that they're not planning to shut him down. Still not good news overall. Week to week and doubtful for this Thursday.

Tyrod Taylor owners should be very concerned.

For those who don't know how "all-play" works (as an alternative to h2h), here are my league scores this week

Week 1 Scores

DJ's Jive Turkeys (138 pts)
Thunder and Lightning (101 pts)
Alpha Mike Foxtrot (98 pts)
The Stubbsmen (92 pts)
General Lee (90 pts)
Upper Deckers (89 pts)
Frank The Tank (87 pts)
Lane Boys (86 pts)
Mr. Bad Example (81 pts)
Let the People Say........ (70 pts)

Standings

Franchise...............W-L-T
DJ's Jive Turkeys.......9-0-0
Thunder and Lightning...8-1-0
Alpha Mike Foxtrot......7-2-0
The Stubbsmen...........6-3-0
General Lee.............5-4-0
Upper Deckers...........4-5-0
Frank The Tank..........3-6-0
Lane Boys Lane Boys.....2-7-0
Mr. Bad Example.........1-8-0
Let the People Say......0-9-0

You beat the teams below, lose to the teams above you. No hard luck losses of second place team losing to first place team. No cheap wins of next to last team beating last place team.
Also, there are always teams close to you, so you care about SNF and MNF. For those curious about playing this way, keep an all-play record in a league message board.

ESPN is having a banner fantasy week.

Their fantasy app was down for the first 5 hours of Sunday, Week 1.

Today, waivers didn't process until ~8am EST.

Guess all that extra money they gave to Matthew Berry caused them to cut corners elsewhere

awaken - I keep note of the all-play records for Pit League One. We don't use them for anything, but it's an interesting point of discussion.

I think it's viewed as unpopular or atypical format, because that's not how actual sports work (with some notable exceptions; golf, for example), either. You just have to beat who's in front of you.

awaken - I keep note of the all-play records for Pit League One. We don't use them for anything, but it's an interesting point of discussion.

I think it's viewed as unpopular or atypical format, because that's not how actual sports work (with some notable exceptions; golf, for example), either. You just have to beat who's in front of you.

I understand the opposition. But FFL is really different from real football. Real football says I can take mine and beat yours. FFL says "I know more about football than you can I can prove it by collecting more stats than you." (This is what the sportswriters in La Rotisserie restaurant were saying when they invented fantasy baseball/sports). Once you see the game as statistics collection, the artificial need for h2h vanishes bc you realize you are not ultimately playing just one person, but the entire league. Scheduling vagaries skew the results of statistics collection - sometimes greatly, sometimes not too much. I used to play in ESPN leagues, and in 2004 they had a "feature" that would show your h2h record if you had someone else's schedule. There was about a three game swing in either direction, which, in a 13 game season is a lot. An 8-5 team could have also gone 11-2 or 5-8 depending on the schedule they drew. We didn't want that degree of luck in our game given the amount of time and money invested, so we converted to all-play.

So what would yall do?

I'm thinking about starting these guys:

RB1: Ingram @ NYG
RB2: Mathews @ CHI
WR1: Beckham v NO
WR2: KBenjamin v SF
WR3: Fitzgerald v TB
FLEX: DMurray @ DET

But I have the following on my bench:
Freeman @ OAK
JMatthews @ CHI
Snead @ NYG
TColeman @ OAK

Snead and Matthews strike me as having really favorable match ups, whereas I'm less sure about starting Murray. He burned me last week when I benched him. Can I ever trust Freeman again?

Back