• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

So what would yall do?

I'm thinking about starting these guys:

RB1: Ingram @ NYG
RB2: Mathews @ CHI
WR1: Beckham v NO
WR2: KBenjamin v SF
WR3: Fitzgerald v TB
FLEX: DMurray @ DET

But I have the following on my bench:
Freeman @ OAK
JMatthews @ CHI
Snead @ NYG
TColeman @ OAK

Snead and Matthews strike me as having really favorable match ups, whereas I'm less sure about starting Murray. He burned me last week when I benched him. Can I ever trust Freeman again?

Im seeing Murray and Mathews being on pretty even ground. Its really a toss up between those two for your RB2. I would personally put JMatthews in your flex. That is very WR heavy but I see more value out of those 4 WRs than any RB you could put in the flex. You can put Freeman in there because I could see him having a big day but I think until an injury he and Coleman will be pretty boom or bust. Gun to my head, I would put Murray (probably because I am starting him too) in for Mathews and then put JMatthews in the flex.... But I have been wrong before.

Agree with the above re Freeman. Bench him until Coleman is injured, or his picture becomes much more clear and in his favor. I'm a Freeman owner, and that is what I am doing. I stay away from Saint WR's - too many mouths to feed.

Played Matt Forte instead of Shady tonight.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

I have Forte, too, in for Freeman. Even have Decker on my bench. Who'da thunk Decker would light up the Bills for 21 fantasy points?

I understand the opposition. But FFL is really different from real football. Real football says I can take mine and beat yours. FFL says "I know more about football than you can I can prove it by collecting more stats than you." (This is what the sportswriters in La Rotisserie restaurant were saying when they invented fantasy baseball/sports). Once you see the game as statistics collection, the artificial need for h2h vanishes bc you realize you are not ultimately playing just one person, but the entire league. Scheduling vagaries skew the results of statistics collection - sometimes greatly, sometimes not too much. I used to play in ESPN leagues, and in 2004 they had a "feature" that would show your h2h record if you had someone else's schedule. There was about a three game swing in either direction, which, in a 13 game season is a lot. An 8-5 team could have also gone 11-2 or 5-8 depending on the schedule they drew. We didn't want that degree of luck in our game given the amount of time and money invested, so we converted to all-play.

So do you even follow week to week? At that point you just make the picks before each set of games starts and turn it off until the end of the day and who cares about even watching the games or redzone. Same thing happens every week. Just doesn't seem as fun to me. Half the fun of fantasy is the in week/ in game discussion and anxiety. At least it is to my group. The h2h takes that away IMO.

I think they do All Play with submitted lineups. So you choose a lineup, therefore showing your skill in analyzing matchups and injuries, etc...and you just count your starters' points versus all league members.

All play means you play all members of your league each week. You're thinking of best ball, and I agree with you there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One thing I like about head to head is I'm only rooting against a few players. In all play, anybody having a good day hurts my team.

One thing I like about head to head is I'm only rooting against a few players. In all play, anybody having a good day hurts my team.

I root against anybody not on my fantasy rosters. Bunch of cunts, IMO!

This.

Root for your guys. Root against the bad guys.

It's fun and addicting.

The flip side of the coin is with all-play, you care about every game. You never cruise to a blow-out win or loss. Your weekly score is always close to someone else's and all NFL games affect you. An ugly Rams-Browns game matters. SNF and MNF matter every single week. All-play makes you care about more football, not less.

I care about NFL games because I'm a football fan. I like being able to watch a few games without worrying about the fantasy obligations. I sat down to watch the 2nd half of Bills-Jets to root for the Bills until I looked and say I'm playing against Shady. So I couldn't really fully root for the Bills and be happy when their RB made a play. It would be miserable to not be able to enjoy games because every single play made by all but 12 players is bad for me.

This is awaken watching Red Zone:
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“Dammit”
“Sweet!”
“Fucking shit”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“The fuck”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“The fuck”
“Yes!”
“The fuck”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”

Flipside is I finished second in scoring in a 12-team league last week and have an l. Usually it evens out but sometimes it doesn't you just get shitted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I care about NFL games because I'm a football fan. I like being able to watch a few games without worrying about the fantasy obligations. I sat down to watch the 2nd half of Bills-Jets to root for the Bills until I looked and say I'm playing against Shady. So I couldn't really fully root for the Bills and be happy when their RB made a play. It would be miserable to not be able to enjoy games because every single play made by all but 12 players is bad for me.

This is awaken watching Red Zone:
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“Dammit”
“Sweet!”
“Fucking shit”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“The fuck”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”
“The fuck”
“Yes!”
“The fuck”
“Dammit”
“Fuck”
“Shit”
“Fucking shit”

As to the bolded, fair enough.

Re the RedZone, if you are holding out for the rest of the league being shut out, then I guess it's not for you then. I don't get upset about every basket made by an opponent in a basketball game either.

Flipside is I finished second in scoring in a 12-team league last week and have an l. Usually it evens out but sometimes it doesn't you just get shitted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You would have been 11-1 in all-play and very happy with your week. No one can argue against all-play's accuracy. ESPN having that "what would your record be with someone else's record" feature opened my eyes to the large amount of deviation embedded in the h2h schedule. +/-3 games out of 13.

For grins, someone should make up a spreadsheet with all-play records and "assume another's schedule" in their league, and report to the thread.

If this is a lightweight hobby that you don't put much time/effort into, then h2h is fine for you. But if you are doing hours of research and reading, then getting an accurate assessment of your efforts is worth it.

I love that. The way 98% of fantasy leagues are played is fine if you're a LIGHTWEIGHT LITTLE BITCH.

Everybody has their preferences. I just get a kick when people get passionate and start proselytizing about their favorite format.

One more point about all play. Most likely anybody screwed over in H2H who would have made the playoffs in All Play wins all tiebreakers anyway.

Last edited:
People research this shit?

My research consists of clicking the reddish orange button next to my players to read the latest news and seeing which defense they are up against for the upcoming week.

Yeah, I admit to that. Just like any consumer, I advocate for products I like. In fact, I want it to become more popular so that the major free FFL sites will start using it.

Sorry, you don't like the lightweight reference. I'm sure h2h guys feel as strongly about FFL as I, but how can you justify 25% error in the outcome due to luck of the draw? And if you know that and accept it, then what does that say?
I guess instead of arguing for it/about it, we should do the experiment.

Back