• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I like Howard and Perkins. Booker might be worth something, but Denver's suffered Super Bowl defections - even at OL and QB - which would affect him negatively.

I think this is finally the year where you can steal a decent starting 2 RBs in later rounds - last year was close - but seeing guys like Jeremy Hill, Ameer Abdullah, JStew, Ryan Mathews all going in rounds 6-10 in 10 team leagues - if you can pick up 5 WR/QB/TE in rounds 1-5 and then still get Hill/JStew/Mathews in 6, 7 & 8, you are set.

I also think David Johnson is being overdrafted - too many cooks in that kitchen. Gurley probably too.

I think this is finally the year where you can steal a decent starting 2 RBs in later rounds - last year was close - but seeing guys like Jeremy Hill, Ameer Abdullah, JStew, Ryan Mathews all going in rounds 6-10 in 10 team leagues - if you can pick up 5 WR/QB/TE in rounds 1-5 and then still get Hill/JStew/Mathews in 6, 7 & 8, you are set.

I also think David Johnson is being overdrafted - too many cooks in that kitchen. Gurley probably too.

Doug Martin/Chris Ivory hit round 5-6 for me last year

Where is Zeke Elliot going in most drafts so far? Too lazy to look and don't draft until the end of this month anyway.

Which players would you keep? I can keep up to 4. If I keep more than 1 from a certain round, then I lose the preceeding rounds pick as well. So if I keep two "10th" rounders, then I would lose my 9th and 10th round picks.

PEYTON'S DEAD ARM - KENNEDY
Cost to Keep
Teddy Bridgewater11
David Johnson10
James White10
Tyler Lockett10
Jarvis Landry7
Kyle Rudolph4
DeMarco Murray3
Stephen Gostkowski10
DST Texans10
Kirk Cousins10
Ryan Mathews4
Robert Turbin10
Spencer Ware10
Danny Amendola10
Donte Moncrief10
Crockett Gillmore10
Josh Gordon10
Willie Snead10

Yes, my team sucked and yes I went into a fire sale at the end of last year to set up some potentially good keeper selections.

Thoughts on Matthews instead of keeping 3 of the 4 WRs, Da?

Which players would you keep? I can keep up to 4. If I keep more than 1 from a certain round, then I lose the preceeding rounds pick as well. So if I keep two "10th" rounders, then I would lose my 9th and 10th round picks.

PEYTON'S DEAD ARM - KENNEDY
Cost to Keep
Teddy Bridgewater11
David Johnson10
James White10
Tyler Lockett10
Jarvis Landry7
Kyle Rudolph4
DeMarco Murray3
Stephen Gostkowski10
DST Texans10
Kirk Cousins10
Ryan Mathews4
Robert Turbin10
Spencer Ware10
Danny Amendola10
Donte Moncrief10
Crockett Gillmore10
Josh Gordon10
Willie Snead10

Yes, my team sucked and yes I went into a fire sale at the end of last year to set up some potentially good keeper selections.

Johnson, Gordon, and Moncrief are the only players that should be kept off that shitshow of a team. They are good players.

Do you have to keep 4? Can you keep fewer and get extra picks?

Usually keepers are guys you would draft in the early rounds anyway. I only see Johnson that fits that bill. See if your league will let you keep one (Johnson as a 1st round pick), and then take picks 2-4. If they'll let you do it, you could pick up better in 2-4 than what's on your team now. I was in a league that let me keep less and pick more, and they hated it; and made a rule mandating that you had to keep the set number. Kind of keeps the bad teams bad that way, which I think was their entire point.

Cousins is at best a #2 QB on any team - probably a #3 in a 10 team league - no reason to waste a 10th round pick on that, you can get him later or off the waiver wire.

top 10 last year (at least in my league). In my league, passing TDs are 5 points. Can you really pick 12 QBs ahead of him?

eta: Top 6 in my league last year. He's not great, but there is some value there.

Back