• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Do you have to keep 4? Can you keep fewer and get extra picks?

Usually keepers are guys you would draft in the early rounds anyway. I only see Johnson that fits that bill. See if your league will let you keep one (Johnson as a 1st round pick), and then take picks 2-4. If they'll let you do it, you could pick up better in 2-4 than what's on your team now. I was in a league that let me keep less and pick more, and they hated it; and made a rule mandating that you had to keep the set number. Kind of keeps the bad teams bad that way, which I think was their entire point.

"I can keep up to 4"

So we wiped our league clean this year because we expanded our league 2 teams to a 12 team league and have 4 new owners. So no keepers this year, total redraft, and last season's finish has no bearing on draft order. To find out draft order, we're doing a small scale fantasy Olympics, choosing 1 player/team from the following events and you get points if they medal:

Track and Field - Men's 100m Sprint
Women's Gymnastics - Individual All-Round
Swimming - Women's 100m Free
Soccer - Men's
Badminton - Women's Singles
Track and Field - Men's Decathlon

Scoring:
Gold: 25 points
Silver: 15 points
Bronze: 5 points
Participation in final heat or stage (100m Sprint, 100m Free Swim, Men's Decathlon only): 1 point

The twist which I'd like input on - winning the Olympic competition doesn't give you 1st pick, but first choice of pick. So my question to y'all: in a 12 team S curve draft, what rank do you give to each draft position?

Anyone have any suggestions on the crop of mid round rookie running backs? I am picking 9th in the rookie draft - options will most likely be:

CJ Prosise - SEA
Devontae Booker - DEN
Jordan Howard - CHI
Kenneth Dixon - BAL
DeAndre Washington - OAK
Paul Perkins - NYG
Keith Marshall - WAS

I'm leaning Howard, since Prosise has been hurt, but I know a bunch of nothing about these guys.

Howard and Perkins.

Totally unrelated, Justin Forsett may surprise.

Usually keepers are guys you would draft in the early rounds anyway. I only see Johnson that fits that bill. See if your league will let you keep one (Johnson as a 1st round pick), and then take picks 2-4. If they'll let you do it, you could pick up better in 2-4 than what's on your team now. I was in a league that let me keep less and pick more, and they hated it; and made a rule mandating that you had to keep the set number. Kind of keeps the bad teams bad that way, which I think was their entire point.

Can keep 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 players.

None of play players would cost me an early rounder. The round they cost is based on last years draft position. All waiver wire pickups are a 10th rounder -- the reason I have so many of them.

OK, I was just being dense. Seems to me that except for Johnson, you could drop everyone else and potentially re-draft them in the round they would cost you, if you had to. I'm guessing in most cases, you would be able to get somebody else better. So you would have more options available to you during the draft with very little exposure, if you only kept Johnson (and anyone else you couldn't re-draft in the round they cost you). I like Lockett though. I think this is his breakout year. Check his ADP in your league.

I going to keep Johnson as my 10th rounder as the next round year's keeper value is based on the "draft position" of the previous year and this allows me to keep Johnson the cheapest for the longest.

That said, I really don't think I could get Jarvis before the 7th round, or Moncrief, R.Matthews, Lockett, or Snead before the 10th round. Remember, other teams can keep up to 4 players as well. My best hope of an 11th round steal is actually Josh Gordon, I think.

Gordon will be long gone by the 11th. I think the one most likely to fall is Moncrief, but its doubtful.

The twist which I'd like input on - winning the Olympic competition doesn't give you 1st pick, but first choice of pick. So my question to y'all: in a 12 team S curve draft, what rank do you give to each draft position?
Three factors come into play here.

1) The difference between picks at the top of the draft is greater than the difference between picks at the back of the draft. So in general, it is more valuable to have a top of the draft pick.

2) Across the entire draft, to maximize value in picks, it is best to have a middle of the order pick. If you're 6th or 7th, you're never more than 12 picks away from your next pick. This allows you to identify the players you are interested in and not have to overreach to grab them. If you've got a tail pick, you may have to overreach to grab a guy you like since you're not picking again for around ~20 picks.

3) Rank your top 10 guys and compare that to ADP. Tier them. Try to have an idea of how your league mates will draft. In Yahoo, ADP is going Antonio, ODB, David Johnson, Julio, Gurley, Zeek, Gronk, AP, etc. If you have AP as your number 3 guy and number 1 RB, then it doesn't make sense for you to choose one of the top picks. As ideally you want a middle of the round pick and you have a good chance at getting your guy at the number 6 or 7 spot.

top 10 last year (at least in my league). In my league, passing TDs are 5 points. Can you really pick 12 QBs ahead of him?

eta: Top 6 in my league last year. He's not great, but there is some value there.

I can pick 20 QBs ahead of him - look at his PPG - he outscored dudes that were injured.

Jarvis Landry in the 6th is a steal - he is 3rd round material. Lockett and Gordon will be gone by 6/7 at the latest.

For keepers, I look for the best value based on draft position - if you told me I could lock up a RB1, 2 WR2, WR3 with the 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th round and I still have my 1-5 and 7? Thats a steal. Easily allows you to get a top flight RB or WR at 1-2 and pick QB early, if needed.

Jarvis Landry in the 6th is a steal - he is 3rd round material. Lockett and Gordon will be gone by 6/7 at the latest.

For keepers, I look for the best value based on draft position - if you told me I could lock up a RB1, 2 WR2, WR3 with the 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th round and I still have my 1-5 and 7? Thats a steal. Easily allows you to get a top flight RB or WR at 1-2 and pick QB early, if needed.

Da is doing God's work in selling me on his plan.

Are you down on Moncrief or just view Lockett and Gordon as better picks? I think I've talked myself into locking in Landry as a keeper along with David Johnson. Just wish the league was PPR -- we do get bonus points for 100+ yards receiving though, and Landry should top that number a few times.

66z33d.png

Trying to figure out my keepers this year so I created this super fancy table. I can keep two players. I have ruled out DeVante Parker and Delanie Walker, so I am choosing between Cam, Marshall, Lewis, and Martin.

Leaning Cam & Lewis. Any thoughts? Seems like health is a risk with either Lewis or Martin, but the best value potential seems to be Lewis.

Well Cam is lol obvious. I'd say Doug probably is as well. Lewis vs. Doug for the last spot IMO, everyone else isn't even in the conversation.

Rotoworld) ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton said Devin Funchess is one of the MVPs of training camp.
Analysis: Funchess has reportedly turned it on over the last two weeks, and Newton speculates he will be "a force to recond with in 2016." Newton also recently said Funchess could outproduce Kelvin Benjamin, who is reportedly struggling with conditioning issues. Funchess is a great double-digit round flier.

Cam and Doug

I think I agree but I also think this team will be shit and you might be better not keeping any of them. no idea where you pick in rnd 1 but if your first three picks are Devonta Freeman/not elite WR, and then Doug and Cam, I don't think your team will go far. Obviously a lot depends on how many players are in the league as well but I think I would rather have another player in the 3rd round and draft a QB later on.

Rotoworld) ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton said Devin Funchess is one of the MVPs of training camp.
Analysis: Funchess has reportedly turned it on over the last two weeks, and Newton speculates he will be "a force to recond with in 2016." Newton also recently said Funchess could outproduce Kelvin Benjamin, who is reportedly struggling with conditioning issues. Funchess is a great double-digit round flier.

Funchess is a late round projection? He's Cam's #2 WR. He's a WR3/Flex guy in a standard league.

I think I agree but I also think this team will be shit and you might be better not keeping any of them. no idea where you pick in rnd 1 but if your first three picks are Devonta Freeman/not elite WR, and then Doug and Cam, I don't think your team will go far. Obviously a lot depends on how many players are in the league as well but I think I would rather have another player in the 3rd round and draft a QB later on.

He would have 4 picks and then Cam/Doug in the 5th/6th. Thats pretty damn solid, IMO.

Back