• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I think I agree but I also think this team will be shit and you might be better not keeping any of them. no idea where you pick in rnd 1 but if your first three picks are Devonta Freeman/not elite WR, and then Doug and Cam, I don't think your team will go far. Obviously a lot depends on how many players are in the league as well but I think I would rather have another player in the 3rd round and draft a QB later on.

He would have 4 picks and then Cam/Doug in the 5th/6th. Thats pretty damn solid, IMO.

Yeah, this.

Boston, I think you looked at expected draft rounds, not where the players would actually be kept.

Yeah, this.

Boston, I think you looked at expected draft rounds, not where the players would actually be kept.

ah I definitely did. JackBauer's table was too fancy for my limited smarts. My b and in that case Id probably lean on doug martin in the 5th and dion lewis in the 10th. Then go WR in rnds 1,2, and 3 and rnd 4 could be TE/RB. Overall I think there is just more value in later round qbs

Thanks for all of the input guys.

I think I will roll with Cam & Doug.

Auction, all-play league, 10 teams. Here's my team:

Carson Palmer $16
Marcus Mariota $2
Leveon Bell $40
Devonta Freeman $43
Matt Forte $19
DeAngelo Williams $1
Keenan Allen $26
Julian Edelman $10
Randall Cobb $13
Eric Decker $10
Doug Baldwin $10
Antonio Gates $2
Gary Barnidge $2
Graham Gano $1
Chiefs $2
Steelers $2

The elite, first round guys were going in the $60's, and I thought getting one would handicap the rest of my team. This is more of an All-Value team - esp at WR. I was last with $$ at the end, and bought my WR2-5 for ~$10 because nobody else could beat that. My regret was bailing on a bidding war over Brandon Marshall at $40 (he was last good WR available). In hindsight, I could have used one of my $10 WR's to continue bidding that amount, and got somebody else for $1. I also got in a bidding war over Carson Palmer, last good QB available - didn't want to start Philip Rivers (although he was a top 5 QB early last year). I also forgot about Martellus Bennett and got Gates instead. Not a huge mistake, but I really like Bennett this year and he's worth a TE2 to see if he blows up.

I like the Chiefs D because they are the only good D that has a favorable schedule. All the other elite D's have hard schedules. Same with Steelers, but their secondary is hot garbage.

I was going to say you spent too much on freeman but after your explanation of how the drafting went and only 43 is your high compared to the 60s for others you have some good value in there.

We held our live draft in New Orleans this weekend. Guy in my league drafted Karlos Williams about 30 minutes after he was released. It was glorious. Thanks to Twitter for the heads up.

We held our live draft in New Orleans this weekend. Guy in my league drafted Karlos Williams about 30 minutes after he was released. It was glorious. Thanks to Twitter for the heads up.

Watch the Patriots sign him, now that Lewis is out.

For context:

Won Auction won Brown, Antonio PIT WR for $68
Won Auction won Gurley, Todd RAM RB for $66
Won Auction won Beckham, Odell NYG WR for $65
Won Auction won Miller, Lamar HOU RB for $64
Won Auction won Johnson, David ARI RB for $63
Won Auction won Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB for $60
Won Auction won Peterson, Adrian MIN RB for $51
Won Auction won Green, A.J. CIN WR for $51
Won Auction won Newton, Cam CAR QB for $50
Won Auction won Jones, Julio ATL WR for $50
Won Auction won Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB for $43
Won Auction won Freeman, Devonta ATL RB for $43
Won Auction won Charles, Jamaal KCC RB for $41
Won Auction won Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB for $40

Lamar Miller was due to a bidding war over the last elite RB between two guys without one. The winner was pissed he had to pay so much for him, but the loser got Shady for $30. This was mid-late auction. The league broke its trend of generally nominating best to worst, and nominated guys fairly randomly.

Last edited:
66z33d.png

Trying to figure out my keepers this year so I created this super fancy table. I can keep two players. I have ruled out DeVante Parker and Delanie Walker, so I am choosing between Cam, Marshall, Lewis, and Martin.

Leaning Cam & Lewis. Any thoughts? Seems like health is a risk with either Lewis or Martin, but the best value potential seems to be Lewis.

I continue to struggle with this decision. I am locked in on Cam, but I go back and forth between Doug Martin and Brandon Marshall. It's a half-PPR league. Marshall is consistently rated slightly above Martin in various sites' fantasy rankings. Yet it's tough for me to get past Marshall's age, and that he is subject to the curse of the 32 y/o WR. Honestly, I was surprised to learn that he is 32. Also, his QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. I know he had a big year last year, but I guess I am puzzled that he is being drafted so highly in the mocks I've seen.

What's your problem with Martin?

Lamar Miller was due to a bidding war over the last elite RB between two guys without one. The winner was pissed he had to pay so much for him, but the loser got Shady for $30. This was mid-late auction. The league broke its trend of generally nominating best to worst, and nominated guys fairly randomly.

its an interesting strategy, how to nominate when. do you nominate guys you want early in hopes the market hasn't been set so you get them cheap or do you nominate guys you don't want so other people spend their cash early on

Martin is good every other year, and he was good last year. Also, he just signed a new contract. While Brandon is 32 yo, he is showing no sign of decline, was the 3rd highest scoring WR in my league last year, has same QB and supporting cast as last year. I like Marshall and I'm kicking myself for not bidding harder for him this year (he would have paired with Keenan Allen). I think the numbers favor Marshall, but depth at their respective positions says Martin.

Had my in person draft this weekend. Had the #5 pick, really wanted Gurley but ended up with David Johnson. Rly hope he comes through this year.

Need a little advice on my keeper situation. I picked up Bortles off the waivers so I am keeping him and losing a 14th round pick. The other keeper comes down to Doug Martin and I lose a 3rd rounder or Tyler Lockett and I lose 10th. I am leaning towards Doug Martin because of the lack of known commodities at the RB position around the late 2nd/3rd round. What say you all?

As for the guy deciding between Doug and Brandon Marshall... that is a tough call. It would all come down to whether you plan on going RB/RB, WR/WR or split in your first two rounds. If you go RB/WR then I would honestly say go Martin since you can pick up a good WR2 in the 4th but not a good RB2 in the 4th. If you go RB/RB then Marshall is a no brainer. WR/WR then Martin is a no brainer, although I would advice against having Doug as your RB1. Just my two cents.

Need a little advice on my keeper situation. I picked up Bortles off the waivers so I am keeping him and losing a 14th round pick. The other keeper comes down to Doug Martin and I lose a 3rd rounder or Tyler Lockett and I lose 10th. I am leaning towards Doug Martin because of the lack of known commodities at the RB position around the late 2nd/3rd round. What say you all?

As for the guy deciding between Doug and Brandon Marshall... that is a tough call. It would all come down to whether you plan on going RB/RB, WR/WR or split in your first two rounds. If you go RB/WR then I would honestly say go Martin since you can pick up a good WR2 in the 4th but not a good RB2 in the 4th. If you go RB/RB then Marshall is a no brainer. WR/WR then Martin is a no brainer, although I would advice against having Doug as your RB1. Just my two cents.

Doug Martin in the 3rd is average value, I wouldn't keep him at that unless you are in like a 14+ person league. Even then its really close - Martin is anywhere from 10th-13th RB off the board in most places, which puts him as a low end #1 RB - and there will likely be 15 or so WR off the board before he goes. I dunno, if you are scared there will be no good RBs because they will all be kept or because your league is RB scoring heavy, then keep him, otherwise, gotta imagine you can get better with a 3rd round pick.

Lockett in the 10th is value, looks like he is going in the 7th/8th round in a 10 person league.

Which one player would you keep from the below options? No draft pick penalties, we're just restricted to keeping players drafted in late rounds. I can't drop my keepers for 8 weeks as well.

Carson Palmer - High upside. Risky with his age and injury history. But allows me to not reach for a QB in the draft.

Eli Manning - Ditto but with less risk, lower ceiling

Matt Jones - I was going this route but he is now injured which could hurt with not being able to drop him for 8 weeks. He was high risk to begin with, and with the injury it is even higher.

Panthers D - Solid high end defense who I know I'll be starting most if not all weeks. Low risk but not much value since I could draft them pretty late.

I'd say Jones as well. Latest is that he will be OK for week 1. That could change, but when he's back he will get nearly all of the carries. Huge upside. And unlike the other options, he could turn into a perennial keeper for you with great value.

You can easily draft a replacement for Eli or Carson without much dropoff.

Thanks guys. I'm back on him after reading he's expected back for week 1. The uncertainty over the weekend had me wondering whether he'd be back by then.

Back