• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Even if he comes back Week 3 or so, go with Jones.

Ok just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

I was just offered Jamaal Charles and Josh Gordon (his players) for Eddie Lacy (My player).

My other players:
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Justin Forsett
RB - DeAngelo Williams
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Tavon Austin
WR - Laquan Treadwell

Can Charles make it thru a full season? Will Gordon play/produce?

Which one player would you keep from the below options? No draft pick penalties, we're just restricted to keeping players drafted in late rounds. I can't drop my keepers for 8 weeks as well.

Carson Palmer - High upside. Risky with his age and injury history. But allows me to not reach for a QB in the draft.

Eli Manning - Ditto but with less risk, lower ceiling

Matt Jones - I was going this route but he is now injured which could hurt with not being able to drop him for 8 weeks. He was high risk to begin with, and with the injury it is even higher.

Panthers D - Solid high end defense who I know I'll be starting most if not all weeks. Low risk but not much value since I could draft them pretty late.

Jones is probably the answer, but it's close with Palmer. Jones sucks, but he is coming in as an incumbant which will give him lead back in an rbbc.

Jones is pretty much off all my draft boards unless he falls really far. The skins seem to be trying to give the job to anyone else.

I was just offered Jamaal Charles and Josh Gordon (his players) for Eddie Lacy (My player).

My other players:
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Justin Forsett
RB - DeAngelo Williams
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Tavon Austin
WR - Laquan Treadwell

Wow. He really believes Lacy will bounce back. Packers have the OL and SoS to do it, but Jamaal Charles + 1? Crazy. Just say yes, and handcuff Charles with Spencer West if you are concerned about another injury.

My other players:
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - Justin Forsett
RB - DeAngelo Williams
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Tavon Austin
WR - Laquan Treadwell

take that immediately. Gordon will be a great Treadwell replacement.

So I apparently suck at choosing the olympics and ended up with the second to last score and draft position pick.

I get my pick of 4th or 9th in the draft (12 team league, s curve)

Which would you take?

With a total redraft (reset all keepers this year), I may get more value out of the 9th, 16th, and 33rd positions than 4th, 21st, and 28th?

thoughts?

If I went straight with VOR projections weighted for our scoring, it would be:

Gurley
Marshall
Cooks
Edelman

or

E. Elliott
J. Nelson
J. Landry
Moncrief

moving to
1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 W/R/T
1 K
1 DEF

Last edited:
Easily. The gap from 4 to 9 is bigger than the others.

Who would you keep as your keeper?

Devontae Freeman (cost a 4th round pick)
Kelvin Benjamin (cost a 12th round pick)

Agreed. KB could be 3rd on the team in receptions.

I am too but at a 4th rnd price tag you need to take the risk. you could draft a comparable wr to Benjamin I would think in the 12th.

From what I am seeing, Freeman is going off around 15th and Benjamin around 40th - Benjamin is the bigger value here, but he is another guy you can't trust - he could be a strong WR2 or he could be meh based on all the fluff coming out of Carolina about funchess.

If I was in your shoes, I probably keep Freeman - that frees you up to not have to take a RB in rounds 1-3 if you dont want to and hold out and go Forte, Murray, Hill or Langford in back to back rounds in 5-6 to make sure you cover all your bases.

Just random out there post, I am buying low on Frank Gore again this year - solid RB2 potential going in round 8 or later.

Who would you keep as your keeper?

Devontae Freeman (cost a 4th round pick)
Kelvin Benjamin (cost a 12th round pick)

I don't think its as simple as folks are making this out. Is your league PPR or .5? If so, Freeman all day. Do folks tend to go RBs early in your draft? Freeman in the 4th is good value but I have seen him going in the 3rd in most drafts. I just don't really trust him. If you can pick up a stud RB early I think he will be a serviceable RB2 and that will free you up to draft two stud WRs in the 2nd and 3rd. On the flip side, you can go RB/RB back to back in the first two rounds and then a WR to compliment KB in the 3rd because I believe KB will give you WR2 value this year.

I don't think its as simple as folks are making this out. Is your league PPR or .5? If so, Freeman all day. Do folks tend to go RBs early in your draft? Freeman in the 4th is good value but I have seen him going in the 3rd in most drafts. I just don't really trust him. If you can pick up a stud RB early I think he will be a serviceable RB2 and that will free you up to draft two stud WRs in the 2nd and 3rd. On the flip side, you can go RB/RB back to back in the first two rounds and then a WR to compliment KB in the 3rd because I believe KB will give you WR2 value this year.

0.5 ppr, bonus for 100 yds rushing and 100 yds receiving

Think draft will go very wr heavy in the first round.

Here's my team,
16 player roster, 15 round draft, can pick up one more (K, obviously)
QB, 1RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, Def, K
.5ppr, .2/yrd, 6 pts TD, 4 pts throwing TD

QB: Cam
RB: Gurley, Hyde, Forsett, Starks
WR: K. Allen, Moncrief, J. Brown, D. Jackson, Torrey Smith, Rishard Matthews, J. Crowder
TE: Coby Fleener, C. Clay
Def: Chiefs
K:

How many teams in your league?

Back