• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Due to keepers our first round was terrible. Took Lamar Miller with the 8th pick (of 12). Don't feel good about it at all. I should've kept Peterson.

12 team draft last night:

Derek Carr
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Carlos Hyde
Melvin Gordon
Delanie Walker
Crosby
Oakland
---------------
John Brown
Derrick Henry
Breshad Perriman
Tevin Coleman
Martellus Bennett
Marcus Mariota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty decent draft - Gordon is a good pick - I think he has a great second season. Hyde was a sleeper last year, but that 49ers team is a dumpster fire right now - maybe trade for another RB2/3. Henry is a potential starter if Murray goes down, but not much better than a handcuff now.

Thats a pretty decent draft - Gordon is a good pick - I think he has a great second season. Hyde was a sleeper last year, but that 49ers team is a dumpster fire right now - maybe trade for another RB2/3. Henry is a potential starter if Murray goes down, but not much better than a handcuff now.

Yeah I went WR 1-2-3 hoping there wouldn't be a run on RBs and unfortunately there was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah running backs aren't too great but if a player goes down you never know. I disagree and don't think Gordon will have a good year, simply that the Chargers will be playing from behind again and needing to air it out, will be playing panthers, Broncos and Chiefs twice, etc, majority top 16 rush defenses. Positives he is a lead back.

Anybody interested in filling in for one of two dynasty/keeper league teams where the owners just kinda peaced out unexpectedly?

$75 for the season. Weekly high score payouts. Season high score payout. 12 teams, 3 divisions, division winners plus 1 wild card team make playoffs. Top 3 places paid.

More details:
https://yho.com/nfl?l=460690&k=2c7421a162fa6a64&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=bc86e92ed0f3419e

Any questions, PM me

16 team leagues are so much easier to dominate than 10 or 12 person ones. People just fail to grasp draft and team composition strategy and it leaves so much room to take advantage. Had one this weekend for my big money league and it's like taking candy from a stuffed animal.

Only downside there is an unlucky event or two is far more difficult to overcome than other leagues.

Nonny is that dude who always brags about how he's doing in his other league.

How does this translate into your domination of the 20 team league, those extra 4 people really fucking things up for you.

giphy.gif

Yeah running backs aren't too great but if a player goes down you never know. I disagree and don't think Gordon will have a good year, simply that the Chargers will be playing from behind again and needing to air it out, will be playing panthers, Broncos and Chiefs twice, etc, majority top 16 rush defenses. Positives he is a lead back.

Woodhead is a FA after this season and they aren't trying to resign him - I think you will see Melvin get a lot more opportunities in the passing game this year and will dominate the carries.

Yeah. That's true. Good chance he doesn't take advantage of it though.

Derrick Henry has a whole lot more upside than Melvin Gordon.

But somebody's gotta run the ball in San Diego now that they lost Oliver.

Had the #1 pick in a draft for the first time tonight. What an awful season to have the #1 pick. Yeesh. There was nobody left by the time it came back around. SOOOOOO prefer auction style every since my main league made the switch 3 years ago.

14 man league- Standard scoring except for 5 point TD passes, inflated D/ST scoring, and 2 point 100+ yard rush/catch & 300+ pass bonus

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Latavius Murray
RB- Jeremy Langford
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Jordy Nelson
TE- Gary Barnidge
F- Tyler Lockett
D/ST- Arizona Cardinals
K- Empty

B- Tevin Coleman
B- Javorius Allen
B- Rishard Matthews
B- Chris Hogan
B- Terrance Williams

Someone tell me I am not crazy for turning this down:

I receive:
Jeremy Hill
Lesean McCoy
Doug Martin OR Thomas Rawls

I give up:
David Johnson

This is a full keeper league - so you keep the same team from year to year and only have a rookie draft. My other RBs are Gurley, Ingram, Ivory, CJ2K - and we can start up to 4 RBs (can start 7 RB/WR/TE with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 at each position). I just hate McCoys value for more than this year and Hill, Rawls and Martin all feel like lotto tickets instead of sure things. Just to give an idea, my starting 7 right now would likely be Gurley/Johnson/Ingram/Brandon Marshall/Sammy Watkins/Greg Olsen and the last option is either Ivory, Tavon Austin, Willie Snead, VJax or Sterling Shepard.

14 man league- Standard scoring except for 5 point TD passes, inflated D/ST scoring, and 2 point 100+ yard rush/catch & 300+ pass bonus

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Latavius Murray
RB- Jeremy Langford
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Jordy Nelson
TE- Gary Barnidge
F- Tyler Lockett
D/ST- Arizona Cardinals
K- Empty

B- Tevin Coleman
B- Javorius Allen
B- Rishard Matthews
B- Chris Hogan
B- Terrance Williams

Great team for 14 person league - I might take a flyer on another RB options besides Buck - he seems to be the 4th option in that Ravens RBBC, but I guess you never know with Trestman. Washington in Oakland would be a good pickup if you can afford a handcuff.

Back