• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Nonny is that dude who always brags about how he's doing in his other league.
If I must...

Drafted tonight. 12 teams, keeper progressing to dynasty league. And just traded 17th round Josh Gordon for 7th round Jordan Reed.

f828291b7b0928d7b3b9af917554ae51.jpg

So how did you manage that team? You've got at least 5 players who should be picked in the first 3 rounds.

The key for Nonny apparently is not necessarily skill but the lack of skill from those that he plays with, outside the pit league.

So how did you manage that team? You've got at least 5 players who should be picked in the first 3 rounds.
Went into the draft with these keepers:

1(2 1st rounders)
3Sammy Watkins
4Mike Evans
5Alshon Jeffery
6Traded Away
7Traded Away
8Ryan Mathews
11Keenan Allen
12Matt Jones
13Allen Robinson
14Ladarius Green
15Thomas Rawls
17Josh Gordon

Tanked last year and traded Gronk for a 1st and 3rd rounder this year where I drafted Julio and Brees. Drafted AP in my normal 1st round pick, and Forte in the 2nd. And this league is almost all people that are involved in sports business somehow, including an ex-GM of a CFL team.

Gotcha. I misread. I thought you were transition to a keeper league.

Seems like picking up a young QB as a backup would have been a priority with the dynasty league in mind.

Gotcha. I misread. I thought you were transition to a keeper league.

Seems like picking up a young QB as a backup would have been a priority with the dynasty league in mind.
Not a fan of wasting roster spots on young QBs. Unless they have the potential to be a top 5 QB, I'd rather just go with an aging Carson Palmer type. They can be had at pennies on the dollar.

And unlike most Dynasty leagues, we don't have a 25-man roster, but far closer to a normal league at 17.

Positions are very WR heavy (and .5ppr league) so strategy is almost always just go after the young WRs.

Grade my team!

QB: B. Bortles
RB1: E. Elliott
RB2: L. McCoy
WR1: D. Bryant
WR2: A. Jeffery
TE: Z. Ertz
W/R/T: D. Moncrief
Q/W/R/T: A. Dalton
K: A. Vinatieri
DEF: Carolina

bench: T. Lockett, R. Matthews, A. Abullah, M. Bennett, Tajae Sharpe

Grade my keeper league team!

QB: R. Wilson
RB1: D. Johnson (keeper)
RB2: E. Elliott
WR1: J. Landry (keeper)
WR2: D. Moncrief (keeper)
TE: T. Kelce
W/R/T: L. McCoy
K: C. Boswell
DEF: Denver

subs:
QB: K. Cousins, M. Ryan
RB: M. Forte, A. Morris
WR: T. Lockett, Tajae Sharpe, Michael Thomas, M. Wallace
TE: M. Bennett

8 team league, ESPN:

QB1: Carson Palmer
QB2: Tyrod Taylor
RB1: Devonta Freeman
RB2: Mark Ingram
WR1: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Sammy Watkins
WR3: Kelvin Benjamin
TE1: Jordan Reed
TE2: Julius Thomas
FLEX: DeMarco Murray
DST: Cincy

Bench:
QB: Brock Osweiler
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Jordan Matthews, and Willie Snead
RB: Ryan Mathews, Derrick Henry, and Christine Michaels
TE: Clive Walford

What say y'all? I think my WRs are strong, but my RBs and TEs may need some work. The QB position is almost entirely contingent on injuries, IMO, but I'm hoping to get a keeper between Osweiler and Taylor.

TBH I think that team is trash for an 8-teamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of Dv7s teams are legit for a 10 man. Both really well balanced teams. If Zeke goes off, and I think he will, then you will have a stout squad.

Strick, I just question your second round pick... from what I can tell you went OBJ in the first which leads me to believe you picked in the top 3. You then turned around and drafted freeman with your ~11th which is a complete garbage pick in my opinion. I have no idea what your board looked like because it is a keeper league but there had to be better options at RB there. Freeman from all accounts will be splitting with Coleman and even so, Freemans value last year came in PPR leagues. That's just my two cents. Ingram at ~20 is good value.

I agree Freeman is not an ideal #1 RB but disagree that his value came PPR leagues last year. Don't play in PPR and Freeman still wrecked havoc in the league. Pretty sure he was #1 overall back.

Grade my team!

QB: B. Bortles
RB1: E. Elliott
RB2: L. McCoy
WR1: D. Bryant
WR2: A. Jeffery
TE: Z. Ertz
W/R/T: D. Moncrief
Q/W/R/T: A. Dalton
K: A. Vinatieri
DEF: Carolina

bench: T. Lockett, R. Matthews, A. Abullah, M. Bennett, Tajae Sharpe

Shit

Grade my keeper league team!

QB: R. Wilson
RB1: D. Johnson (keeper)
RB2: E. Elliott
WR1: J. Landry (keeper)
WR2: D. Moncrief (keeper)
TE: T. Kelce
W/R/T: L. McCoy
K: C. Boswell
DEF: Denver

subs:
QB: K. Cousins, M. Ryan
RB: M. Forte, A. Morris
WR: T. Lockett, Tajae Sharpe, Michael Thomas, M. Wallace
TE: M. Bennett

Donkey shit

I know he fell off a cliff, just saying he wasn't only a PPR format dynamo. His points he gained were tops in all formats.

Back