• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I know he fell off a cliff, just saying he wasn't only a PPR format dynamo. His points he gained were tops in all formats.

Fair enough. In the two Atl games I watched last year he was awful in the run game and only remained fantasy relevant because the caught close to 10 passes. I know that he was a great back last year but I just question his RB1 status and especially taking him at 11.

Fair enough. In the two Atl games I watched last year he was awful in the run game and only remained fantasy relevant because the caught close to 10 passes. I know that he was a great back last year but I just question his RB1 status and especially taking him at 11.

agreed

Both of Dv7s teams are legit for a 10 man. Both really well balanced teams. If Zeke goes off, and I think he will, then you will have a stout squad.

Strick, I just question your second round pick... from what I can tell you went OBJ in the first which leads me to believe you picked in the top 3. You then turned around and drafted freeman with your ~11th which is a complete garbage pick in my opinion. I have no idea what your board looked like because it is a keeper league but there had to be better options at RB there. Freeman from all accounts will be splitting with Coleman and even so, Freemans value last year came in PPR leagues. That's just my two cents. Ingram at ~20 is good value.

I'm not sure if this was clear but this league starts 2 QBs, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 TEs.

I had the 4th pick actually. #1 went with Gurley and some idiot reached for Dez, so OBJ fell to me in some weird turn of events. I picked Freeman #13.

#4 - OBJ
#13 - Freeman
#20 - Ingram
#29 - Palmer (Cam, Rogers, Wilson, and Brees went 24-28 - 2QB leagues ftl)
#36 -Watkins
#45 - Reed

My choice was between Freeman, Bell, and McCoy, fwiw, and I went with Freeman. This was one of the odder drafts I've done.

I think you let Palmer fall more. big drop from brees at 28 and palmer at 29 imo. Big Ben would've been a better one later on. I also would've taken Bell instead of Freeman.

I think you let Palmer fall more. big drop from brees at 28 and palmer at 29 imo. Big Ben would've been a better one later on. I also would've taken Bell instead of Freeman.

In hindsight, I think agree with you about Palmer. Not sure that was worth the risk, but I didn't think there would be a top-10 option left on the board after that run. Rivers and Big Ben went after Palmer. Bortles went #42.

Bell's knees + the suspension was the turnoff there. Tearing an ACL again in week 4 could've destroyed my season and knowing my luck, probably would've. I'm optimistic with Freeman, but a lot of that is because he saved me last year when Lacy shit the bed.

In hindsight, I think agree with you about Palmer. Not sure that was worth the risk, but I didn't think there would be a top-10 option left on the board after that run. Rivers and Big Ben went after Palmer. Bortles went #42.

Bell's knees + the suspension was the turnoff there. Tearing an ACL again in week 4 could've destroyed my season and knowing my luck, probably would've. I'm optimistic with Freeman, but a lot of that is because he saved me last year when Lacy shit the bed.

It wasn't Bell's ACL last year and he looked great in the one preseason game he played. He will likely be the #1 RB in fantasy after week 3, so I think that's great value at #13, especially if you can pick up D. Williams later in the draft for the first 3 weeks.

2QB league and Cam went 24? Cam is a first rounder in most two QB leagues though 8 team does drop him a bit. I would have gone Cam in round 2 and probably Rodgers in round 3. You would have been able to still get decent RBs later in the draft and you'd be in a much better spot.

12 team league picked 3rd. .5 PPR

QBDerek Carr, Oak QB
@NO
Sun 1:0012360.322.5----32nd33.680.7+5.7
RBC.J. Anderson, Den RB
Car
Thu 8:3033135.88.5----17th88.099.0+0.4
WROdell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
@Dal
Sun 4:254306.319.1--07th99.4100.0+0
WRJordy Nelson, GB WR Q
@Jax
Sun 1:0019800.0--016th92.399.6+0.2
TEGary Barnidge, Cle TE
@Phi
Sun 1:002206.812.9----8th74.794.4+1.9
FLEXAlshon Jeffery, Chi WR
@Hou
Sun 1:0040143.79.0--05th94.399.5+0.2
FLEXLatavius Murray, Oak RB
@NO
Sun 1:0012190.311.9----30th80.897.1+1.1
D/STPanthers D/ST D/ST
@Den
Thu 8:30416710.4----23rd93.499.6+0.1
KSteven Hauschka, Sea K
Mia
Sun 4:0551449.0----7th95.399.3+0.1
BENCHWK 12015 SEASONWEEK 1
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACTIONOPPSTATUS ETPRKPTSAVGLASTPROJOPRK%ST%OWN+/-
BenchJohn Brown, Ari WR Q
NE
Sun 8:302718311.4----18th26.892.2+2.2
BenchDuke Johnson Jr., Cle RB
@Phi
Sun 1:0032135.98.5----29th23.289.0+2.2
BenchBrock Osweiler, Hou QB
Chi
Sun 1:0030144.89.0----26th5.427.8+9.3
BenchKamar Aiken, Bal WR
Buf
Sun 1:0034163.910.2----21st2.145.5+8.5
BenchJesse James, Pit TE
@Wsh
Mon 7:107017.61.1----15th1.14.6+2.5
BenchRoberto Aguayo, TB K
@Atl
Sun 1:00----------4th39.147.0+3.5
BenchFalcons D/ST D/ST
TB
Sun 1:0018915.7----14th0.71.6+0

Because your roster for this league has to contain 5 WR, 3 RB, 2 QB, 2 TE, 2 Def and 2 K

this. in what world does it make sense to force a team to have a bench Def and a bench K

A world where you don't have to drop a bench player in the bye week for your kicker or defense?

When I started playing fantasy football, positional limits seemed to be more the norm. And real teams generally have a backup for each position that plays.

I am in a 2nd league where there are no positional limits on the bench. They both have pros and cons. I always have a backup QB in that one and usually a backup TE.

Last edited:
It wasn't Bell's ACL last year and he looked great in the one preseason game he played. He will likely be the #1 RB in fantasy after week 3, so I think that's great value at #13, especially if you can pick up D. Williams later in the draft for the first 3 weeks.

Great call. Where were you last night???

A world where you don't have to drop a bench player in the bye week for your kicker or defense?

When I started playing fantasy football, positional limits seemed to be more the norm. And real teams generally have a backup for each position that plays.

I am in a 2nd league where there are no positional limits on the bench. They both have pros and cons. I always have a backup QB in that one and usually a backup TE.

Actually, real teams generally don't have a backup defense or kicker.

Actually, real teams generally don't have a backup defense or kicker.

They have backup defensive players. They can generally field two defensive units. You are correct that most teams don't carry two placekickers, although the punter can usually handle some level of placekicking if necessary.

But the fantasy defense is the entire defense not just the starters.

Meh, I really don't care what the rules are as long as they are equally enforced. If a league wants to carve out two bench spots for a backup D and K that is fine with me.

My other league doesn't do that but only has 15 total spots.

Back