• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

The 1st two leagues I was in (starting around 2000) had roster limits to drafting including bench positions. This league is a successor to one of those leagues and has kept that rule.

I guess it isn't very common anymore.

We talked about changing it several years ago and the people in the league like it.

It hurts active players that often use the waiver wire as it's much harder to find value or stream guys.

Anything that rewards inactivity (or removes advantage of active owners) I dislike.

Similarly, Best Ball leagues have picked up in popularity and I'm not a fan. They've become popular because pundits and experts want to do kick drafts, but have people actually care during the draft. So they came up with this to get people to actually draft for real and it kind of stuck. Any league that just has you draft and do nothing the rest of the year sounds extremely boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My league has position maximums: QB 3, RB 4, WR 5, TE 2, K 2, D 2. Hardly anyone carries 2 K, only some 2 D for weekly match ups. The good thing is the RB 4 max. It makes RB slot precious, so you really have to think about who you get. There is no mindlessly stashing an RB5 on your bench. Also, the RB 4 limit keeps something on the waiver wire for the bad teams, which keeps them interested and active (a good thing). Our league also does not use flex positions bc there is no football position analogue for it, and it is just a way to wimp out on making hard choices on your lineup decisions. These decisions are supposed to be hard - to quote League of Their Own - "if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

I basically agree with Nonny that FF is being dumbed down to lowest common denominator with deep rosters, flex positions, and best ball. Don't do it.

Flex is analogous to different sets and how different teams spread the ball around.

Meh. In fantasy these are usually extra slots in addition to 2 RB and 2 or 3 WR. This makes lineup decisions easier. In the NFL, these "flex" positions are instead of/replacing standard positions and usually the same player known as RB, WR, TE. So a FF coach with two RB's in flex is running some sort of wishbone? The NFL only allows a certain number of eligible receivers (5, I think). FF flex plays more. Besides, what NFL player plays the position of Flex. Pass catching RB's like Duke Johnson and Danny Woodhead function as flex, but are listed as RB's.

Flex isn't a position. It's the option of playing any player at at position. In football there is one QB and five OL and five "flex" players who could be RB, WR, or TE. Fantasy is more restrictive than that.

One league we do one RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 Flex. This is probably pretty close to your typical set NFL lineup. You can go 2 TE sets or 4 WRs or 2 RBs.

I'm in this other CBS league (no buy in or anything) where they do an autodraft, which I hate but whatever.

I just got offered Cam Newton and Arian Foster for Adrian Peterson and Joe Flacco. Would y'all take that?

This is my team:
QB: Eli Manning
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Eddie Lacy
WR1: Alshon Jeffery
WR2: Michael Floyd
WR3: Golden Tate
TE: Jordan REed
DST: Rams
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench:
QB Joe Flacco
RB LaGarrette Blount
RB Matt Jones
WR Corey Coleman
TE Virgil Green

I was considering dropping Flacco for Tannehill and Green for Christine Michael, but obviously would have to change things up if I made that trade.

I have my draft in my main league tonight. With Forsett being released, who do you guys think should be targeted on the BAL depth chart? I own Buck Allen in a dynasty league, but I guess Terrance West is going to be the guy. Wonder where Forsett will land and if he will be roster worthy.

I'm in this other CBS league (no buy in or anything) where they do an autodraft, which I hate but whatever.

I just got offered Cam Newton and Arian Foster for Adrian Peterson and Joe Flacco. Would y'all take that?

This is my team:
QB: Eli Manning
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Eddie Lacy
WR1: Alshon Jeffery
WR2: Michael Floyd
WR3: Golden Tate
TE: Jordan REed
DST: Rams
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench:
QB Joe Flacco
RB LaGarrette Blount
RB Matt Jones
WR Corey Coleman
TE Virgil Green

I was considering dropping Flacco for Tannehill and Green for Christine Michael, but obviously would have to change things up if I made that trade.

I would do it. It's a clear upgrade at QB and you're just trading injury risk RBs. Plus, who knows what impact the Bridgewater injury will have on AP. You could argue both sides. The plus is that he will probably get more carries, but his QB is now Sam Bradford so that's not exactly going to open things up for him.

I would do it. It's a clear upgrade at QB and you're just trading injury risk RBs. Plus, who knows what impact the Bridgewater injury will have on AP. You could argue both sides. The plus is that he will probably get more carries, but his QB is now Sam Bradford so that's not exactly going to open things up for him.

Those are my thoughts at the moment, thanks for weighing in.

Anybody else?

I would not do it. AP has always had bad QB's, so the Bridgewater injury does not affect him. Foster still might share with Ajayi to some degree, and who knows if he can put up great numbers in Miami. Supposedly Lamar Miller is in a better position now that he left Miami for Houston. So to some degree, it's the team/scheme. Cam will regress in FF bc I doubt he runs for 10 TD's again. QB's historically don't do that. IMHO, you're being asked to deal the best player in the trade.

I would not do it. AP has always had bad QB's, so the Bridgewater injury does not affect him. Foster still might share with Ajayi to some degree, and who knows if he can put up great numbers in Miami. Supposedly Lamar Miller is in a better position now that he left Miami for Houston. So to some degree, it's the team/scheme. Cam will regress in FF bc I doubt he runs for 10 TD's again. QB's historically don't do that. IMHO, you're being asked to deal the best player in the trade.

My QB at the moment is Eli, though. CBS is notoriously stingy when it comes to QB points, too. Does that change things up at all for you?

ETA: Just got offered Cam Newton/DeMarco Murray for Eli Manning/Adrian Peterson. I definitely take that, right?

Last edited:
Eli is frustrating to own bc he will have 10-12 good games and 4-6 stinkers. He had a slow start to begin last year, but in my league he finished with 278 pts which puts him 10th among QB's and along with Stafford (280) and Rivers (277). In most leagues, a lot of QB's are bunched together. Cam had 373 pts in my league last year. Let's assume he regresses to Russell Wilson's 322 pts.

Cam 322
Foster ?

Eli Manning 278 (using Manning instead of Flacco bc you are starting Manning over Flacco and would "lose" his points by benching him)
AP 229 (2015)

Your break even point with the above assumptions is Foster getting 185 pts, which puts him in the company of Gurley, Woodhead, L Miller last year. If you think he can do better than that in Miami while possibly sharing with Ajayi, and staying healthy, then you should accept the trade. Now if you don't accept Cam regressing, then use Cam's numbers last year, which will lower Foster's break even point for you.

Your break even point using Flacco's 249 points (from 2014 since he was hurt last year) is Foster getting 156 pts, which puts him in the company of Gore, McFadden, LeSean McCoy last year in my .5 PPR league.

So it ultimately comes down to what do you think Cam will do this year, and do you think Foster can stay healthy and in a primary role in Miami.

Last edited:
Eli is frustrating to own bc he will have 10-12 good games and 4-6 stinkers. He had a slow start to begin last year, but in my league he finished with 278 pts which puts him 10th among QB's and along with Stafford (280) and Rivers (277). In most leagues, a lot of QB's are bunched together. Cam had 373 pts in my league last year. Let's assume he regresses to Russell Wilson's 322 pts.

Cam 322
Foster ?

Eli Manning 278 (using Manning instead of Flacco bc you are starting Manning over Flacco and would "lose" his points by benching him)
AP 229 (2015)

Your break even point with the above assumptions is Foster getting 185 pts, which puts him in the company of Gurley, Woodhead, L Miller last year. If you think he can do better than that in Miami while possibly sharing with Ajayi, and staying healthy, then you should accept the trade. Now if you don't accept Cam regressing, then use Cam's numbers last year, which will lower Foster's break even point for you.

Your break even point with using Flacco's 249 points (from 2014 since he was hurt last year) is Foster getting 156 pts, which puts him in the company of Gore, McFadden, LeSean McCoy last year in my .5 PPR league.

So it ultimately comes down to what do you think Cam will do this year, and do you think Foster can stay healthy and in a primary role in Miami.

You see my edit? I used Bradford to Minny to renegotiate the trade to: Cam/DMurray for Eli/Peterson. Are you more into that?

I'm not sure Murray is going to be that much better than Foster.

I could probably try to get Charles, too. The league's scoring is pretty stupid, too, if this affects your opinion at all:

PaTD Passing TD 6 points
PaYd Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds
Re2P Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
ReTD Receiving TD 6 points
ReYd Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
Ru2P Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
RuTD Rushing TD 6 points
RuYd Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Not really. The math is the same. You need DMurray to hit the same point levels with Derrick Henry around, and Henry > Ajayi. You're trading known quantities for unknown quantities - how much will Cam regress, how well can another RB do in a RBBC. If you are optimistic that DMurray can hit Gurley, Woodhead, L Miller numbers from last year, or think Cam won't regress that much, then take it.

Back