• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Let's do it again. Training camp has started and football is almost back.

Thread for all things fantasy football.

Will Dom Grady lead the Patriots to victory through Week 4?

Are the Raiders for real?

Who will be the most dominant WR in football?

Also, if you could keep Derek Carr or Jordy Nelson is the last round of draft - who ya got? I'm leaning Nelson, but the injury scares me a bit.

Which QBs are available to draft?

Also, if you could keep Derek Carr or Jordy Nelson is the last round of draft - who ya got? I'm leaning Nelson, but the injury scares me a bit.

This is a supply-demand question that needs more info to get an answer. Often, QB's are plentiful and can be left unprotected and re-drafted if need be.

In general, my advice would be take advantage of recency bias and get value picks on Cowboys and Packers. Cowboys have a really easy SoS, and Green Bay is not far behind.

Yeah. Unless you're in a large league you should be able to get a decent QB.

Who is this Omnibus player and what round should I target to draft him?

CooYFUvUIAALbwB.jpg
Coopo5ZUkAAcnfL.jpg

Romo reports for camp

The odds of Johnny Manziel starting for the Cowboys this year just went up.

Josh Gordon

John Brown

Lockett

This is gold.

At some point in time, Brown will eclipse Fitzgerald. Lockett will emerge as a WR1 in Seattle - not Doug Baldwin. They will have to pass more this year. Gordon made Hoyer look good. He will do the same again.

So one of my leagues we all just left Dion Lewis on the waiver.

He is at risk of starting on the PUP list (out the first 6 weeks), but Boston Herald claims that is unlikely.

I've got Derek Carr as insurance for Ben Roeth (and all his injuries).

Also, I have Josh Gordon and DeAngelo Williams (obviously one sits for 4 weeks while the other may be large for 4 weeks only).

Lewis is projected as round 5-6.

Do I leave him or try and add him for Carr? Or?

Thanks.

So one of my leagues we all just left Dion Lewis on the waiver.

He is at risk of starting on the PUP list (out the first 6 weeks), but Boston Herald claims that is unlikely.

I've got Derek Carr as insurance for Ben Roeth (and all his injuries).

Also, I have Josh Gordon and DeAngelo Williams (obviously one sits for 4 weeks while the other may be large for 4 weeks only).

Lewis is projected as round 5-6.

Do I leave him or try and add him for Carr? Or?

Thanks.

Pick up Lewis without a doubt. You can find another mediocre backup QB later.

Thanks, that is how I am progressing.

For Awaken, or anybody else interested:

Lad Green - couldn't unseat/replace Gates, now he's hurt. I like the idea of him, more than what he is at this point.
Jordan Howard or Charcandrick West
Sterling Shephard, Coleman, Treadwell or Michael Thomas
Ben Watson

Lad Green - couldn't unseat/replace Gates, now he's hurt. I like the idea of him, more than what he is at this point. I think Martellus Bennett will be a value pick as the Patriots have said they will go 2 TE a lot this year. Makes sense considering their WR situation.
Jordan Howard or Charcandrick West - Howard could start; West is a handcuff and fights Ware for that role. Howard.
Sterling Shephard, Coleman, Treadwell or Michael Thomas - I think Shepherd has the best combo of QB and opportunity. Coleman getting raves in practice, but RG3 is his QB. Treadwell is as good as Bridgewater, and there really isn't another stud WR to keep defenses honest. The ball gets spread around too much in New Orleans. Sammie Coates is making noise in Pittsburgh. Big Ben is his QB, defenses will focus on Antonio Brown, but there are still plenty of opportunities. I like them the same order you listed them, but put Coates second.

I recommend Draft Dominator '16 by thefootballguys on Android and iPhone. $5 app, but better than a FFL magazine. Includes everything in a FFL mag (articles, projections, etc), but it updated each time you open the app (so you can know about Arian Foster at Miami for example, this probably didn't occur when the mag was written in May-June). You can also mock snake drafts and auctions. You can customize behaviors to mimic individuals in your league. Got a Cowboys homer in your league? Create a profile for him to AutoDraft and elevate the value of Cowboys players for him. You can also configure positional priorities for each person as well. Got a guy who always drafts a QB early? Move his QB slider in his profile beyond RB and WR. It is really nice to have an intelligent, automated mock that mimics your league behavior. At the end of the mock, they will grade each team.

Anyone have any suggestions on the crop of mid round rookie running backs? I am picking 9th in the rookie draft - options will most likely be:

CJ Prosise - SEA
Devontae Booker - DEN
Jordan Howard - CHI
Kenneth Dixon - BAL
DeAndre Washington - OAK
Paul Perkins - NYG
Keith Marshall - WAS

I'm leaning Howard, since Prosise has been hurt, but I know a bunch of nothing about these guys.

Back