• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Preseason Thread

What would you call it?

Tulane wearing these helmets next Thursday:

CqutvpGWAAAfzsK.jpg

Squidbillies

11aa862d2abb7734c4edbdea8e48ef71.jpg

You guys remember Toby Gerhart that played tailback for Stanford? He played for Stanford against us in the epic 2009 game at Wake. Go watch his YouTube highlights. It's uncanny how his running style looks like Carney's. They both have that fantastic cut at the linebacker level of the defense. Now most of what I've seen from Carney is high school footage, but is interesting none the less. Carney always reminded me of someone and it dawned on me that this is the guy.

Yeah Carney and Gearhart both had heart, are hard workers, Deceptively fast, natural leaders.

I thought Mack had made a rare cross-racial sports comparison but then I saw how DeacsOrDie described him and knew he was white.

Got nothing to do with race. Look at the film. Both run like they are fullbacks that can cut and have good top end speed.

Got nothing to do with race. Look at the film. Both run like they are fullbacks that can cut and have good top end speed.

Even mentioned the fullback dilemma.

Both Gerhart and Carney are listed as a 4.53 40 time too. Makes you wonder...

Gerhart is Carney, Carney is Gerhart!

Hopefully Carney turns out to be Wakes version of Christian Mccafferey

Always gives a reach-around when fucking a dude up the ass.

IU Announces Starting QB for Opener

It’s Richard Lagow, the junior college transfer who threw for 2,285 yards and 21 touchdowns at Cisco (Texas) Community College in 2015.

Indiana coach Kevin Wilson said Friday that Lagow has been functioning as the Hoosiers’ top quarterback since approximately practice No. 7 of fall camp.

IU opens the season at Florida International on Sept. 1.

Wilson initially said two weeks ago that Lagow was getting the bulk of the reps at quarterback. That will carry into game week.

The IU coach also did not rule out playing other quarterbacks during the game or down the road.

“Time reveals everything, and he’s just gotten better as time has grown,” receiver Ricky Jones said. “Rich is doing great so far. I love to see what he’s doing out there now. Now, we just have to see what he does against actual pressure and not our defense that he’s seen all spring.”

Speaking of qbs. Duke's Sirk is getting his Achilles evaluated after "aggravating" it. He may have rushed back too quickly. I was hoping he'd play in week 2.

IU Announces Starting QB for Opener

It’s Richard Lagow, the junior college transfer who threw for 2,285 yards and 21 touchdowns at Cisco (Texas) Community College in 2015.

Indiana coach Kevin Wilson said Friday that Lagow has been functioning as the Hoosiers’ top quarterback since approximately practice No. 7 of fall camp.

IU opens the season at Florida International on Sept. 1.

Wilson initially said two weeks ago that Lagow was getting the bulk of the reps at quarterback. That will carry into game week.

The IU coach also did not rule out playing other quarterbacks during the game or down the road.

“Time reveals everything, and he’s just gotten better as time has grown,” receiver Ricky Jones said. “Rich is doing great so far. I love to see what he’s doing out there now. Now, we just have to see what he does against actual pressure and not our defense that he’s seen all spring.”

I'mma be at that one.

Back