• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Sunderland improve but not enough. Guzan shaky -- looks like Villa may have broke him.

Didn't think this was a good crop of promoted teams, but mebbe wrong. All can defend pretty well which never hurts

My irons in dire straights. Supposedly Carroll now injured, to join the Payet and Kouyate knocks from last week, Cresswell and Ayew out longterm, Sakho hurt forever, Lanzini just coming back. Probably some I'm forgetting. Not great.

Damn, forgot our most anticipated signing until Ayew...Fegouli still out for an unknown period.

Valencia still at West Ham, right?

Not only is he still here, he's leading our attack today. He's been absolutely awful for the last year. We've been trying unsuccessfully to sell him for months. So much talent and pace and a good attitude, but awful finishing and trips himself up constantly.

Sunderland improve but not enough. Guzan shaky -- looks like Villa may have broke him.

Didn't think this was a good crop of promoted teams, but mebbe wrong. All can defend pretty well which never hurts

Guzan followed a tremendous save with a howler, and almost another.

What did you think of Gooch? Played well on the wing, moved to CM and I thought he was very good for Sunderland. Impressed.

West Ham have attempted 9 crosses in the opening 30 mins vs. Bournemouth. They've got their eye on Moyes' record!

That truly is an awful stadium to house a football match. The dugouts are seemingly 1/2 a mile away from the touchline. Absurd.

West Ham were robbed of a penalty as this foul was deemed to be outside the box.

CqZK_WPXgAAh5vn.jpg

That truly is an awful stadium to house a football match. The dugouts are seemingly 1/2 a mile away from the touchline. Absurd.

That was Spurs point during the whole debate around the stadium - it was always going to be awful if they kept the track.

Here's Spurs new stadium seating diagram with the London Stadium (in red) in the configuration West Ham is using overlayed on top for comparison. It's crazy how far back so many of the seats are.

lBVlmn6.jpg

That was Spurs point during the whole debate around the stadium - it was always going to be awful if they kept the track.

Here's Spurs new stadium seating diagram with the London Stadium (in red) in the configuration West Ham is using overlayed on top for comparison. It's crazy how far back so many of the seats are.

lBVlmn6.jpg

Lol, no, Spurs' whole point was fucking us over.

Lol, no, Spurs' whole point was fucking us over.
More like leveraging Haringey into making tons of concessions for Spurs to stay in the same spot. West Ham making a shady deal with London behind the scenes and getting caught in the crossfire was sort of an accident.

I saw a few pictures online from fan's perspective at the West Ham match ... it's actually further away than I thought. I am so very happy that Spurs (apparently) aren't going to get stuck in a situation like this.

21-Feb-West-Ham-United-v-AFC-Bournemouth-Premier-League-London-Stadium.jpg

That actually makes me genuinely wonder how long until West Ham wants to build themselves their own separate stadium, or they push through a forcible renovation that removes the track. There isn't another stadium in all of England that has the fans that far from the pitch and I can't see West Ham fans ever being truly happy with that. Juventus lasted 16 years in Stadio delle Alpi before saying "fuck it, this sucks" and a number of other clubs have moved out of stadiums that had athletics + football in recent years (Bayern Munich, Spartak and CSKA Moscow, Galtasaray, etc).

It just seems like a half-assed solution that isn't actually a solution and it's going to come to head in a decade or two again.

For comparison, here's the Etihad - which originally had a track but was renovated fully for football. Look at how much closer the fans are:

Etihad_Stadium_-_Man_City_vs_Chelsea_2015-16_(2).jpg

For comparison, here's the Etihad - which originally had a track but was renovated fully for football. Look at how much closer the fans are:

Etihad_Stadium_-_Man_City_vs_Chelsea_2015-16_(2).jpg

Admittedly, I didn't follow the situation very closely. Why wasn't the track removed and why weren't football renovations made in order to give supporters a better experience and get them closer to the field? Costs, I assume?

Admittedly, I didn't follow the situation very closely. Why wasn't the track removed and why weren't football renovations made in order to give supporters a better experience and get them closer to the field? Costs, I assume?
London Olympics legacy! Keeping the track became a mandatory part of the bid to use the stadium, and West Ham was willing to do that.

It's dumb and in the end it'll have to be scrapped, costing even more money, but the Olympic Stadium has been a taxpayer boondoggle from the very start.

Back