• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

Well pleasantly surprised by how good Arians, Woods and Chilldress looked. Knew they would be much better than CMM and MW as our only non-BC options, but didn't think they would look so polished and comfortable out there running the offense. Looks like they've been working hard to get ready where as Wilbekin looks like the exact same player as the past two years. Thought he would at least show that he's worked on his frame, improved his shooting or something. Maybe an off day, but doubt it. Think he will certainly lose the most minutes of anyone along with Dinos depending on his injury recovery, JC's foul proneness and Doral's stamina. Was also pleasantly surprised by Washington and Mitchell at times, especially their patience and poise and ability to disrupt on the defensive end.

But also keeping in mind the competition, long way to go. However, looks like we'd win the Mountain West going away. ;-)

I'm not belittling our white walk ons BTW, just wondering why we never have any black walk ons?

Gil McGregor's kid was a walk-on the last two years.

Without going back and looking, I think the racial composition of walk-ons over the last 20+ years reflect the racial composition of male students who aren't on an athletic scholarship.

I don't think Dinos will lose minutes. He was a distant 5th in mpg last year (just under 24 a game)... I think that will stay about the same.

But yeah, Wilbekin is going to lose minutes. A lot of them. Played over 28 a game last year. No way.

Gil McGregor's kid was a walk-on the last two years.

Without going back and looking, I think the racial composition of walk-ons over the last 20+ years reflect the racial composition of male students who aren't on an athletic scholarship.

I appreciate the corrections and statement of the obvious, it was just a tongue-in-cheek reference to amuse myself while Slim and the boys tried to improve their officiating acuity with a maddening number of foul calls.

No Hudson, no Watson, less TVH, and no CMM/DT means a ton of minutes to go around for the transfers (Woods Arians), McClinton, and whichever freshmen feel like stepping up (Childress & Mitchell).

I don't think Dinos will lose minutes. He was a distant 5th in mpg last year (just under 24 a game)... I think that will stay about the same.

But yeah, Wilbekin is going to lose minutes. A lot of them. Played over 28 a game last year. No way.

I think Dinos will play more minutes than last year. He'll get to 28-30. He'll have to because Collins and Moore won't play as many as we'd like them to play.

I think Dinos will play more minutes than last year. He'll get to 28-30. He'll have to because Collins and Moore won't play as many as we'd like them to play.

That's a good point.

As an aside, I can't wait to see a lineup of Wilbekin VanHorn Arians Dinos SJM... We'll play a 2-3 zone that resembles those shitty old ice hockey games where the players only spin around and can't move laterally.

Such a vast difference b/w Chill and Wilbekin in terms of offensive movement. The ball sticks in Wilbekin's hands every time he touches the ball. The offense dies. Chill is non-stop penetrating and dishing. You know that when a freshman is already looking more poised than a junior in August, well, it's time to make some changes. Hopefully Manning sees it and can pull the trigger and relegate Wilbekin to a limited role off the bench. Woods & Chill deserve most of his minutes. Most impressed by those two today (Arians a close runner-up). JC and BC of course looked dominant.

Mclinton and VanHorn should be the last ones off the bench. No reason at all they should be getting minutes for an ACC team.

So Keyshawn Woods is going to be 21 during the season and he has three years of eligibility? Wow.

Initial impressions on today's exhibition.

Childress looks ready to contribute. Good handle, good shot and good distributor. Other players seem alert when he is on the floor because they know he will get them the ball in a position to score.

Woods is a leader. Can shoot the three or off the dribble. Rugged and capable of playing the three in a three guard offense.

Arians can catch and shoot. Quickly and accurately. Will start at the three.

Mitchell and Washington look like freshman who should improve during the course of the season. Sam is large and will shoot with both hands.

Liked Childress a lot! He was stocky in high school but is sleek now.

I was very pleased with Chill. Looked very comfortable handling the ball and seemed to have great vision. Also impressed with Woods. He is going to have a big year.

Back