• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

It will be nice if we ever have a lead at the end of the game & can get the ball to Wilbekin, Childress, Arians, Dinos, or lastly Crawford. I would be comfortable w/ those 5 at the end of the game shooting FTs.

If McClinton plays 15 mpg, we are in trouble.

We are weak at the 3. Our athletic guy (McClinton) can get lost on D and is not an offensive threat, while our shooter suffers from lateral imobilitis. On the plus side, they are both veterans. McClinton made some good cuts on offense this morning and his hands were better than I have seen. Caught a few quick not great passes from Crawford. He'll be adequate. Maybe if he gets some offensive confidence he will have fewer brainfarts on D. One can hope.

McClinton may play early, but I think Wash will get minutes backing up SG and SF as the season progresses.

We need Moore to play those minutes or even more. :)

McClinton may play early, but I think Wash will get minutes backing up SG and SF as the season progresses.

We need Moore to play those minutes or even more. :)

Its highly unlikely that Moore plays more than 22 MPG this year. He'll probably average around 15-20 MPG this year, unless his conditioning improves.

Are the games in this event "real" games in terms of red shirts? If someone played in this game, does that mean any shirt is burned? (I'm not suggesting any of these player should be red-shirted, just curious.)

Nope, just scrimmages.

rj making minutes projections for freshmen with like three mixtapes is one of my favorite offseason traditions round these parts.

I think the disconnect here is some of us are talking about what is likely to happen and others are talking about what needs to happen for us to be good.

Sure, it'd be great is Moore played 22mpg and Childress and Arians were so good that we could play McClinton and Wilbekin a lot less, but I don't think that's reality.

Watching some tape over the past two years and seeing Brandon's play today, you can see he has a natural feel for the game. He knows where to go and what to do.This is something Mitchell doesn't have. If I were preparing this team, I'd be giving Brandon 90+% of the reps as Bryant's back-up.

Mitchell's #1 value is as a shooter. At this point he should be Keyshawn's back-up.

Arians has a quick release and maybe he can get open looks with teams focusing on Bryant, Keyshawn and JC. If he has to create, we'll have problems. I don't think anyone is thinking he's going to be anything other than a third or fourth option bomber.

We've got to drive Doral the opportunity to succeed or become a 12-15 mpg back-up with dynamic bursts. If he fouls out. He fouls out. But let's see what happens.

I think the disconnect here is some of us are talking about what is likely to happen and others are talking about what needs to happen for us to be good.

Sure, it'd be great is Moore played 22mpg and Childress and Arians were so good that we could play McClinton and Wilbekin a lot less, but I don't think that's reality.

McClinton averaged 6.0 MPG per game during ACC play last year, and that included 3 DNP's. I don't think it is a reach to say that we'll rarely see McClinton on the floor this year.

I was impressed with Woods and Childress today. Both seem to have that killer/clutch mentality.

Yeah, that's fair. McClinton is the big question mark for me in terms of minutes. I don't know who else can backup Arians for long stretches. I guess we mix in 3 guard stuff or get Washington minutes.

Melo should be excited for '17-18. The playing time will be there if he's ready.

Completely agree that if Melo is as good as some say, he steps right in.

Welp, I'm glad we have everything figured out.

100% sure I'll change my opinions after watching tomorrow night's game.

Yeah, that's fair. McClinton is the big question mark for me in terms of minutes. I don't know who else can backup Arians for long stretches. I guess we mix in 3 guard stuff or get Washington minutes.

Melo should be excited for '17-18. The playing time will be there if he's ready.

Good post. This is where Wilbekin comes in as the SG in three guard sets with Woods at SF.

Glad to have rj back. Pretty sure you've been missing decent conversation with some terribly #hottakes sprinkled in. So sprinkled may be an understatement.

Last year Collins and Moore replaced DT at center against Boston College and Notre Dame. In 77 minutes of play they produced 59 points, 26 rebounds and 7 blocked shots. I suspect Manning would be happy with that production at center this year.

Back