• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

He's a gym rat, student of the gym, does all the little things.

If he plays 5+ mpg in close games, we are in a lot of trouble. He does nothing on an ACC level.

He seems to be a good kid and tries hard, but he has no business on the court in the ACC.

52-34 at halftime.

We have a lot of guys competing for minutes this year... Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. None of the freshmen look like complete stiffs, but SJM and Washington may not see a lot of action this year. Mitchell could probably give some solid minutes at the 4. Chill can spell Crawford.

If he plays 5+ mpg in close games, we are in a lot of trouble. He does nothing on an ACC level.

He seems to be a good kid and tries hard, but he has no business on the court in the ACC.

You just don't like him cause he's white.

52-34 at halftime.

We have a lot of guys competing for minutes this year... Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. None of the freshmen look like complete stiffs, but SJM and Washington may not see a lot of action this year. Mitchell could probably give some solid minutes at the 4. Chill can spell Crawford.

Agree with this way too early take. I really hope Chill sees Wilbekin's minutes. And Van Horn never sees the floor.

I missed the first part of the game. Other than the loose handle TO, I kinda liked what I saw from Wash. He played good D, is very long, although his three missed, he has good form and he got back after loosing the ball. He's got work to do, but not bad for a first time on the court.

Caught the end of the 2nd quarter. It's refreshing to see us make a few threes and get in their faces on D.

Does anyone know why Dinos isn't playing? Sorry if it's been mentioned.

Agree with this way too early take. I really hope Chill sees Wilbekin's minutes. And Van Horn never sees the floor.

Yeah, admittedly about 3 months too early. Beats summer league rumors, though.

Woods and Arians will get a lot of minutes.

Hoping the Van Horn minutes are just because he knows the system and the freshman really don't yet.

McClinton may get more minutes this year than I thought... He can play the 3 when Dinos is in the game.

Washington looked solid defensively, good footwork and length. He didn't look very good offensively though - questionable ball handling. His shooting stroke looks good though, just like his recruiting videos.
Donovan Mitchell looks extremely athletic, but both he and Washington both seem to be at least a year from getting any significant playing time.
Woods looks great, other than his couple bad turnovers. I'm excited about him. Leads the team with 10 points.
Wilbekin and Arians both shooting well.
Crawford is making it look easy, he and collins are the best we have. His shot from three didn't look great on the couple attempts he had though.
Lil' Chill looks good as I expected. Him practicing with the team and being around them for a long time now will pay dividends this season in his minutes.
I don't think Doral's conditioning looks much better, but he still looks good nonetheless.

Thoughts:

Crawford looks like he’s gained a step and looks really good
Love Chill’s court vision and ability to distribute the ball
Woods and Arians will be a very welcome long-distance threat
Rich Washington crashes the boards quite hard
John Collins looks fantastic. Probably the best on the team tied with Crawford.
Don Mitchell is very bouncy but raw, same goes for Washington. Probably a year away for both from being big-time contributors.

Arians can stroke it. Certainly plays hard, but limited athletically.

Sick oop from Van Horn to Collins in traffic. One handed dunk finish... and the foul.

Agree with whomever posted that Woods over Wilbekin by November.

I like how Arians *seems* athletic in how he shoots the ball and has good rhythm on the catch and shoot. Someone called his "stiff" but I wouldn't say that necessarily. While he's limited in what he can do due to his lack of lateral quickness, he seems like he could be explosive in attacking the rim on a cut or a drive when someone runs out on him. But I really like his "athletic" looking shooter's stroke as it is anything but a stiff release.

And yes, if Woods doesn't start in November over Wilbekin, it will be an abomination of coaching judgment, or lack there of. Hell I can tell already we'd be better off going "big" and letting DWash play other team's bigger 2 guards. If we refuse to play a lot of zone, I think we will see a lot of substitution and a fresh rotation of guys through the 1-3 spots. Hopefully in time BC will be okay playing off the ball a bit so we can get Chill on the court as the 1. But I'd hate to limit BC's "control" of the offensive flow as he is far and away our best player and biggest threat for ACC play.

Wake leads at halftime by 18 points. Will the final margin be larger or smaller than that?

I say smaller.

Back