• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Deacs headed down to the Bahamas this morning. All games will be on YouTube, which I'll post here when the link is up in the morning.

They play three games in three days:

Tuesday- University of Toronto Varsity Blues (lol) @ 10 a.m.
Wednesday- CTG Knights @ 7 p.m.
Thursday- Real Deal Shockers @ 7 p.m.

Here's a very brief preview with what I could find on these teams.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2016/8...amas-real-deal-shockers-university-of-toronto

Cliffnotes: Toronto beat UNLV last night 80-79. CTG lost to Ball State by 25 and Mizzou State by 1 earlier in the pre-season. Nothing on the Real Deal Shockers.

Wow. I wasn't planning on watching Wake hoops tomorrow morning. Hilarious.

Deacs headed down to the Bahamas this morning. All games will be on YouTube, which I'll post here when the link is up in the morning.

They play three games in three days:

Tuesday- University of Toronto Varsity Blues (lol) @ 10 a.m.
Wednesday- CTG Knights @ 7 p.m.
Thursday- Real Deal Shockers @ 7 p.m.

Here's a very brief preview with what I could find on these teams.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2016/8...amas-real-deal-shockers-university-of-toronto

Cliffnotes: Toronto beat UNLV last night 80-79. CTG lost to Ball State by 25 and Mizzou State by 1 earlier in the pre-season. Nothing on the Real Deal Shockers.

The Real Deal Shockers scare the crap out of me, with a name like that.

Very interested in getting a look at our new players. Clearly about 3 months too early to have any real takeaways in terms of what the team might achieve this season, but a stiff in August is probably a stiff in November.

For what it's worth (probably very little), here's what I found looking through games that have streamed on that YouTube page in the past few days. Number in parenthesis are last year's final KP rankings. For reference, Wake finished at 125.

8/9: Wyoming (175) pulled away in the last minute or so to defeat the CTG Knights 81-74.
8/13: Akron (91) beat the CTG Knights 126-77.
8/13: Central Michigan (156) beat the Real Deal Shockers 122-77.

For what it's worth (probably very little), here's what I found looking through games that have streamed on that YouTube page in the past few days. Number in parenthesis are last year's final KP rankings. For reference, Wake finished at 125.

8/9: Wyoming (175) pulled away in the last minute or so to defeat the CTG Knights 81-74.
8/13: Akron (91) beat the CTG Knights 126-77.
8/13: Central Michigan (156) beat the Real Deal Shockers 122-77.

Good stuff.

Despite UNLV losing to Varsity Blues, I don't think we should have any trouble with any of the teams.

Wichita State lost their two best players who were also the heart and soul pf the team for four years. Getting the Shockers early would be our best shot at them.

w5juw.jpg

Wichita State lost their two best players who were also the heart and soul pf the team for four years. Getting the Shockers early would be our best shot at them.

Thoughts on how Gregg Marshall will attack our interior game? Think he'll have another blow-up at the officials in our game? Lots to break down here before this contest.

:)

I stepped in it. I thought they were being cute in nicknaming the team. I saw Wichita State was playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis and made a silly assumption.

I got me.

:bowrofl:

University of Toronto Varsity Blues. Is that their real name? Because that's awesome.

Back