• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Groves Stadium Naming Rights

SCDeac

Reaction score
This is the last year of BB&T's 10 year deal.

I would like to see the Groves name back in '17.

I'm all for us getting a nice payday, but I hope we don't get into the revolving name change game every few years like the Miami Dolphins. Looks low budget and amateurish.

I'm all for us getting a nice payday, but I hope we don't get into the revolving name change game every few years like the Miami Dolphins. Looks low budget and amateurish.

Since when does a decade = every few years?

Sorry, but that seems to be the world we live in now. Remember when the Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Peach Bowl used to just be the Orange, Sugar and Peach Bowl?

You should rent it out to only companies that can help recruiting:

!. Victoria's Secret
2. Nintendo
3. NASA
4. SpaceX
5. Trojan

I'm curious if the price tag will be higher or lower now with a stagnant football program but an expanded ACC with an upcoming ACC Network deal or a program on the rise 10 years ago.

I'm curious if the price tag will be higher or lower now with a stagnant football program but an expanded ACC with an upcoming ACC Network deal or a program on the rise 10 years ago.

I don't even know how much we got paid, but I'm guessing it will be more.

This is the last year of BB&T's 10 year deal.

I would like to see the Groves name back in '17.

You can't put that Genie back in the bottle. Also, it should be worth a lot more considering they were not necessarily paying for the Deacon faithful who watch us, but the larger ACC/CFB audience who was watching for Miami, UNC, FSU, Clem, etc. Now that we have expansion that audience has increased.

There's a better chance that they go back to leather helmets.

I remember hearing it was much less than you would expect. Not sure if it was that low though.

How about being named after the company that asks you to mail them your shit?

Wow. Hard to believe it has been 10 years. The program has really returned to historical competitiveness. So that's ummm good.

Back