• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Groves Stadium Naming Rights

My only problem with it was all the BS about how the Groves name would still be on the stadium and stuff. Isn't it technically BB&T Field at Groves Stadium? But to find the name Groves Stadium anywhere- it's not on any of the signage or ever mentioned in any Wake publication.

My only problem with it was all the BS about how the Groves name would still be on the stadium and stuff. Isn't it technically BB&T Field at Groves Stadium? But to find the name Groves Stadium anywhere

Kind of like Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum--affectionately known as LJVM. Bring in enough $$$ and all that will disappear.

My only problem with it was all the BS about how the Groves name would still be on the stadium and stuff. Isn't it technically BB&T Field at Groves Stadium? But to find the name Groves Stadium anywhere

Kind of like Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum--affectionately known as LJVM. Bring in enough $$$ and all that will disappear.

Might be a little bit different with LJVM. Lawrence Joel was a Medal of Honor winner from Winston, and I think there was some language in the sale to Wake that is supposed to preserve the memorial and the name on the Coliseum so it might not work quite the same way.

Might be a little bit different with LJVM. Lawrence Joel was a Medal of Honor winner from Winston, and I think there was some language in the sale to Wake that is supposed to preserve the memorial and the name on the Coliseum so it might not work quite the same way.

Yes, that is what it is supposed to be with the agreement with the City of W/S. Will be interesting if and when the time comes.

Back