• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheCaptain

I disagree with you
Reaction score
Welcome-Back-GIF-2015.gif

Last edited:
It really chaps my ass that GoNiners destroyed the Chat Thread numbering system.

So I just passed this dude a couple of hours ago in a Wake hat. I was like, "Dude, is that a wake hat? Are you a fan?" He was like, in a really gruff and annoyed voice, "No, I'm an alum. 2012 and 2014."

This is quite honestly the first time in my entire life where I've run into a wake person outside of North Carolina and not had at least a two minute chat with them. This guy sucked. I bet it was CatamountDeac.

i run into parents of students pretty frequently but not alums.

which hat? wake's hats are usually pretty lame looking

So I just passed this dude a couple of hours ago in a Wake hat. I was like, "Dude, is that a wake hat? Are you a fan?" He was like, in a really gruff and annoyed voice, "No, I'm an alum. 2012 and 2014."

This is quite honestly the first time in my entire life where I've run into a wake person outside of North Carolina and not had at least a two minute chat with them. This guy sucked. I bet it was CatamountDeac.

Try saying "Go Deacs" instead. That tends to get folks engaged.

i run into parents of students pretty frequently but not alums.

which hat? wake's hats are usually pretty lame looking

I liked it. A classy black or dark gray color with the gold WF. I assume he's currently a student of some kind.

Try saying "Go Deacs" instead. That tends to get folks engaged.

That's usually my move, but this dude wasn't having it. Actually, he said "Go Deacs" to me, but it was clearly a dismissive move. Maybe he was in a hurry. Or just having a bad day.

But more likely he is ashamed of the way PREMIER RONALD WELLMAN has destroyed our beloved and historically-competitive revenue sports.

LOL

Thread title made me think of this

Obviously this:

stan_lee_quote_2.jpg

I was like I bet that bro is Bradsky, and I got filled with irrational rage. JK, I am always down to talk Wake sports and usually always give the "Go Deacs" to anyone I see in Wake gear outside Winston.

I recently met an '00 alum out here; I was picking his wife up to drive her and a couple other women down to Bend for a relay race and he answered the door and happened to be wearing a Wake shirt.
Never mind the fact I had never met any of these people before, I just blurted out "Wake Forest?! Did you go there? I went there!" and then I remembered to tell him I was his wife's ride. He was super confused because he forgot he was wearing the shirt.
He seemed cool enough, and is officially the 4th WFU alum I know that lives in Portland (myself included).

I also recently found $5.

I was like I bet that bro is Bradsky, and I got filled with irrational rage. JK, I am always down to talk Wake sports and usually always give the "Go Deacs" to anyone I see in Wake gear outside Winston.

Ha. Brasky is actually a super-kind and gregarious guy in real life. The internet surely brings out the worst in all of us.

I was in Boston a few years ago and saw this guy wearing a Wake shirt. It was Labor Day weekend and football season was just starting. I saw him several times around the freedom trail stuff. I said "Go Deacs!" twice to him. I'm sure he heard me but never responded. My buddy that was with me is an Alabama alum and wearing a shirt and hat got a ton of people saying "Roll Tide!"

Thanks Ron Wellman.

Moonz or whichever Chicago tourists, I have two free passes to the MCA if you want em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back