• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Leak

For those of you who weren't around for CJ - After CJ's knee was wrecked, a Scout poster visited him in the hospital and commented on how supportive CJ's mother was of WFU on the Scout board. Unfortunately, the poster he was referring to was Deac Mom, a caucasian lady whose son had been a Wake Forest football player.

Was at the game. Clemson was all in our backfield. Remember saying they are gonna get our new future star QB killed. Then the hi/lo hit. Dislocated his knee, think Marcus Lattimore.
Years later I was taking care of a prior clemson LB. Started talking trash with him about how the Clemson team turned around the brief trajectory(dream) that WFU football was going to be on the rise by hurting CJ. Asked him was he on the team at the time. He looked at me kinda sheepishly and said, I was the one that hit him high.
Nicest guy ever, mean it.

I am no football expert, but, I was completely underwhelmed the first time CJ stepped on the field for us. He just didn't seem to have "it". Perhaps it was because he was rushed to play before he was ready - due to pressure from his dad that he not redshirt - I don't know. But I was really anticipating seeing him play, given his hype, and came away immediately disappointed.
In contrast, it was a disaster when we were forced to play unheralded true freshman Riley Skinner but as soon as he got in the game he had "it" - whatever "it" is. You just knew everything was gonna be all right when he was back there.

In contrast, it was a disaster when we were forced to play unheralded true freshman Riley Skinner but as soon as he got in the game he had "it" - whatever "it" is. You just knew everything was gonna be all right when he was back there.

*redshirt freshman ?

Yeah. He was a TE, LB, and S at Tennessee.

All true and he also got far too muscle bound, too heavy and was not mobile at all, which led to his "sackability". By the time he went to UT he was so big I believe he was playing defense. Coach Caldwell had this thing about guys being able to bench over 300 pounds, trying to reach the FSU status, but a lot ended up immobile and out of shape [see Nate Bolling vs App State in the Cramp Game!]

Is that the time he puked on the field......twice?

Is that the time he puked on the field......twice?

Yes, once while he was walking by the App huddle. Quite funny if it were not for all the cramps our team was getting all game long also. Quite out of shape.

IIRC, CJ Leak had a brief big start for Wake. My recollection is that with his first snap at Clemson he threw a rather miraculous TD pass. Things went bad after that.

IIRC, CJ Leak had a brief big start for Wake. My recollection is that with his first snap at Clemson he threw a rather miraculous TD pass. Things went bad after that.

You're thinking of Ben Mauk.

Pass was to Jason Anderson. Loved that guy

Thanks, I didn't correctly recall the right player. A lot of bad things happen at Clemson.

That Mauk pass was a prayer that only Jason Anderson could have come down with.

Back