• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Leak

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
What was the deal with CJ Leak?

Why did he sign with Wake?
Why did he stink?
Why didn't he play more?
Why did he transfer?

Feel like I never understood the full #scoop on this WF story.

Amazing that in 2000 Leak had 33 rushing attempts for negative 75 yards

He got sacked a lot.

What was the deal with CJ Leak?

Why did he sign with Wake?
Why did he stink?
Why didn't he play more?
Why did he transfer?

Feel like I never understood the full #scoop on this WF story.

Amazing that in 2000 Leak had 33 rushing attempts for negative 75 yards

Caldwell got in real good with Leak's parents. To top it off, Caldwell offered CJ's little brother a scholarship as an 8th grader. Note: Chris Leak led UF to a National Championship.

CJ Leak had a big arm, but no accuracy and he wasn't particularly mobile.

CJ Leak split time with MacPherson because MacPherson got the job done and Leak just wasn't ready to start. Then Leak got killed at Clemson. I haven't seen footage of it since it happened, but it's one of the worst injuries I remember seeing of a Wake player.

He wasn't going to be the starter over MacPherson if he came back healthy.

Last edited:
Got his knee wrecked at Clemson and we blown out. Was there for it.

As I recall, his dad insisted that he not redshirt, which meant he ended up playing when he was not ready. Also, it sounded like he was quite the introvert and never really connected with his teammates, which isn't really good for a young QB.

smugrespectfuleft.gif

As I recall, his dad insisted that he not redshirt, which meant he ended up playing when he was not ready. Also, it sounded like he was quite the introvert and never really connected with his teammates, which isn't really good for a young QB.

Yeah. He could have benefited from a redshirt although he still probably wouldn't have started as an rFrosh. And then after he decided to transfer to Tennessee, he wore Tennessee gear around campus. Not a good look.

I'm not a football guy, but the little I remember of CJ Leak the QB was that dude gunning 5-yard passes at like 10,000 MPH. He seemed to have no touch whatsoever.

This was before the recruiting sites but you have to think he would have been a 5 star QB. I think it is accurate that it came down to Notre Dame and Penn State and he committed to Wake without taking an official visit.

CJ Leak is a personal trainer and facility manager in Gainsesville according to his LinkedIn page, though the facility does not list him on their website.. Pretty funny in that while at Knoxville he was given a lot of shit by teammates by being so supportive of his brother at Florida and even, I think, wearing Florida gear around campus. He was also an hourly wage employer at University of Florida for a few years while Chris Leak was on the staff there.

Chris Leak is now a high school football coach in the Orlando area.
Chris-Leak.jpg

He loved walking around with a towel.

When he decided to transfer and ended up landing at Tennessee, he immediately started wearing TN gear everywhere he went on campus.

CJ Leak is a personal trainer and facility manager in Gainsesville according to his LinkedIn page, though the facility does not list him on their website.. Pretty funny in that while at Knoxville he was given a lot of shit by teammates by being so supportive of his brother at Florida and even, I think, wearing Florida gear around campus. He was also an hourly wage employer at University of Florida for a few years while Chris Leak was on the staff there.

Chris Leak is now a high school football coach in the Orlando area.
Chris-Leak.jpg

"facility manager". Is that PC for janitor?

Had Urban Meyer in a car once driving to an event and couldn't help but poke him about Wake beating Notre Dame for CJ Leak...He looked at me like "who the fuck is this guy?"

Meyer then proceeded to be the biggest douche ever at the speaking engagement.

Back