• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

I wonder how you get hired to be the dildo inspector?

I'm sure you do. :thumbsup:

Having dildo inspector on your resume might be good experience for anyone who wants to be a dong checker at NC bathrooms.

I'm sure you do. :thumbsup:

Having dildo inspector on your resume might be good experience for anyone who wants to be a dong checker at NC bathrooms.

Which is who they really should be worried about...

Hey RJ....here's your Jim Crow speak. It's OK to discriminate as long as it has an "accepted" purpose. Wasn't that the argument back in the 1950s?

The basis for plenty of laws that are "discriminatory" is whether or not the basis meets a varying level of purposes. See Sincerely Held Belief.

Last edited:
In about two dozen states, you can be fired for being gay. You be denied an apartment or a mortgage for being gay.

Would you be OK with it being legal to be able to be fired because you are a Christian?

Some believe being gay is a choice, but there is a lot of doubt about this. Being Christian or Jewish or agnostic is absolutely a choice. There's no doubt about. Why is the choice of religion more important than the "choice" of whom you love?

RJ is copy/pasting from something he keeps for gay threads. Not sure why he chose to use it on an HB-2 thread. It certainly fails to address anything in my post.

In about two dozen states, you can be fired for being gay. You be denied an apartment or a mortgage for being gay.

Would you be OK with it being legal to be able to be fired because you are a Christian?

Some believe being gay is a choice, but there is a lot of doubt about this. Being Christian or Jewish or agnostic is absolutely a choice. There's no doubt about. Why is the choice of religion more important than the "choice" of whom you love?

So I am assuming that the NCAA has moved any championships out of those 24 states as well, correct? Otherwise they are just a bunch of grandstanding hypocrites...

So I am assuming that the NCAA has moved any championships out of those 24 states as well, correct? Otherwise they are just a bunch of grandstanding hypocrites...

There's where the difference comes in, which I assume you realize:

State A: No state protections for LGBTQ.

State B: No state protections for LGBTQ. State law explicitly prohibits municipalities from passing ordinances extending protections for LGBTQ. State law also says (arguably anti-LGBTQ) stuff about bathrooms. BATHROOMS!

Okay worst case NCAA is a hypocrite. You guys should boycott the NCAA and ACC to show them. Free market baby. I bet the NAIA isn't doing this PC garbage.

State B: No state protections for LGBTQ. State law explicitly prohibits municipalities from passing ordinances extending protections for LGBTQ.

Mic drop.

Okay worst case NCAA is a hypocrite. You guys should boycott the NCAA and ACC to show them. Free market baby. I bet the NAIA isn't doing this PC garbage.

If people still aren't boycotting Wake because of Wellman and [Redacted], they ain't boycotting nothing.

State B: No state protections for LGBTQ. State law explicitly prohibits municipalities from passing ordinances extending protections for LGBTQ. State law also says (arguably anti-LGBTQ) stuff about bathrooms. BATHROOMS!

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

What about

State C: No state protections for LGBTQ. State law explicitly makes homosexual sexual relations a crime under its penal code. PENAL!!

State C just hosted the Final 4 this year, and is scheduled to host it again in 2018. It also hosted the national championship game in NCAA football in 2014, and hosts 5 bowl games each year. Are those games on the chopping block?

Lots of states have questionable laws on the books. NC is the one being dicks about it. So that's why they get the attention.

How are they being dicks about it relative to any other state with a questionable law on the books? To my knowledge NC's law hasn't even ever been enforced.

Just to elucidate a little more dumbassery from HB2 there is this. There is no enforcement mechanism. So when your daughter is being hunted by masses of men dressed as women there is nothing anyone can do about it. One would think a problem of this magnitude would have some enforcement measures with it. But you were worried about sexual assaults? Well who knew we already had laws against sexual assaults? Imagine that.

Last edited:
What about

State C: No state protections for LGBTQ. State law explicitly makes homosexual sexual relations a crime under its penal code. PENAL!!

State C just hosted the Final 4 this year, and is scheduled to host it again in 2018. It also hosted the national championship game in NCAA football in 2014, and hosts 5 bowl games each year. Are those games on the chopping block?

Just made me think about the Belk Bowl I guess they are next. Wonder when they will time that announcement.

How are they being dicks about it relative to any other state with a questionable law on the books? To my knowledge NC's law hasn't even ever been enforced.

That's because it's unenforceable and has been admitted as such.

Why do people pass unenforceable laws? Political grandstanding maybe?

What about

oh no you didn't! Who dropped the mic now?

As was just pointed out a couple posts ago - they were dicks when they basically prohibited (in theory) LGBTQ from ever receiving any future protections from discrimination.

I don't know all the facts on every state law, but I'm guessing the fact that this is a modern law we are making, and taking such a blatant, discriminatory stand in the backwards direction probably plays into it. Versus Louisiana or wherever that has some old law about homosexual relations.

Passing a law that can't be enforced but refusing to address it is pretty dickish. Standing around watching businesses flee the state in order to support that flawed law is especially dickish.

Back