• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Based on the response to HB2, they may have been trying to attract investment from Fortune 500 companies and major sports leagues who wanted to know that their employees would have been safe from discrimination.

Then create a bill that protects against employment descrimination, and protects against the same in restaurants and stores. Why was it necessary to include the bathroom provisions in the bill? Was there some great travesty being perpetrated on the transgender population concerning bathroom usage that absolutely had to be addressed along with the more visceral issue of employment and service based discrimination?

I don't think he does. But you're right as well.
Well my experience with the trans community usually involves large black (wo)men who haven't transitioned. Their efforts to pass are: Wigs, tight clothes, painted nails, shaving, lipstick, jewelry, and going by a different name than what's on their drivers license. I've got no problem with that, I'm happy for them to be their true selves, but they are definitely not fooling anyone. I know that level of transgenderism is common because I also see them on every TV show and documentary about the trans community, especially with the poor inner city black and latinx community.

03EKWf0.jpg

Right. He's saying that based on the business community's response to HB2, the market wanted something like the Charlotte ordinance.

Was there some great rush of business brought to NC in the months between CLT passing their ordinance, and the state GOP losing their collective minds and passing HB2?

Well my experience with the trans community usually involves large black (wo)men who haven't transitioned. Their efforts to pass are: Wigs, tight clothes, painted nails, shaving, lipstick, jewelry, and going by a different name than what's on their drivers license. I've got no problem with that, I'm happy for them to be their true selves, but they are definitely not fooling anyone. I know that level of transgenderism is common because I also see them on every TV show and documentary about the trans community, especially with the poor inner city black and latinx community.

Sure. But how many trans people do you pass by or even know and you can't tell?

At 0.3%, that's one of 300 people.

Yeah. Hard to argue it's just the liberal hippie activists who hate this law when one of the most OWG organizations in the US is pulling out of NC.

It is time to stop the madness. McCrory has painted himself into a corner and is too stubborn or too fearful of pissing off the right wing GOP in NC to correct this mistake. Meanwhile, the state loses millions in investment and tourism business. Thanks Pat!

Yeah. Hard to argue it's just the liberal hippie activists who hate this law when one of the most OWG organizations in the US is pulling out of NC.

Tea Party base will double/triple/.../septuple down on the adversarial perspective.

Why was the CLT ordinance necessary in the first place?

Transgenders have been a fairly quiet segment of society without much recognition. That is changing. It makes sense that there would be some laws to define how everyone is expected to behave.

It is possible to grow weary of the incessant whining of liberal hippie activists.

Transgenders have been a fairly quiet segment of society without much recognition. That is changing. It makes sense that there would be some laws to define how everyone is expected to behave.

I get that for matters of employment and social services and commerce.

But for bathrooms?

I think they moved the Wells Fargo so the pga championship could play there

Back