• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

I wasn't aware that 99+% of us were social conservative business owners that provide separate public male and female bathrooms that disallowed gender conformity. Now that I've typed that, 99% seems really high, are you sure that's right?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

LOL. As I said, you are the worst of the worst. Get a life. The world will be able to struggle thru without you trying to remake it into your image of what you think it should be.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to what I said.

I wasn't aware that 99+% of us were social conservative business owners that provide separate public male and female bathrooms that disallowed gender conformity. Now that I've typed that, 99% seems really high, are you sure that's right?

The 0.1% is still telling you what to do. Whether or not you mind being told what to do in this particular situation is up to you.

The 0.1% is still telling you what to do. Whether or not you mind being told what to do in this particular situation is up to you.

If it was truly just 0.1% of the population who cared, then the Charlotte ordinance would never have been passed. Luckily for minorities, there are people in the majority who care about more than just their own comfort.

Hillary may not have realized it, but she was talking about many posters on these boards:

“They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement,” Clinton says in the audio clip, first published by the Washington Free Beacon earlier this week. “They feel that they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

“That is a mindset that is really affecting their politics,” she noted, speaking to donors at a private event in McLean, Virginia. “If you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe -- just maybe -- you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing.”

Hillary may not have realized it, but she was talking about many posters on these boards:

“They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement,” Clinton says in the audio clip, first published by the Washington Free Beacon earlier this week. “They feel that they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

“That is a mindset that is really affecting their politics,” she noted, speaking to donors at a private event in McLean, Virginia. “If you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe -- just maybe -- you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing.”

So now we know what it takes for BKF to side with Hillary.

What's interesting is both of those statements are accurate and I don't really get the faux-offense surrounding them. Half of Trump's supporters are openly at least one of the "ists" Hillary mentioned and while I'm sure they don't like being called deplorable it shouldn't come as a surprise at this point that many on the left find their views deplorable.

Likewise, a lot of Bernie's supporters are college educated millenials that lived with their parents because baby boomers wrecked the economy leaving them with no jobs and a shit ton of debt. I don't actually think many Bernie supporters are that upset with Hillary's comments though.

It's a harsh truth that many millennials are living with their parents because they don't make enough money to live on their own. The stigma of shame associated with that is outdated for the most part.

Absolutely perfect that they are at least taking a stand and having their basketball tournament in Charlotte. Wish other conferences would take a stand for the less vocal majority of people and keep things where they are supposed to be and quit letting this PC junk rule our lives. Less than .1% of the people get to tell the other 99+% of us what we have to do. Also glad the radio station took a stand and cancelled out on carrying ECU football over their band actions!

Yet broadcast the NFL every single week---which is where the protest started. Very hypocritical.

I'm just glad to know that history will not look favorably upon small-minded bigots like TheReff

Well since I'm not part of the 99.9%, then I must be a transsexual. Thanks for outing me, Reff.

It's a harsh truth that many millennials are living with their parents because they don't make enough money to live on their own. The stigma of shame associated with that is outdated for the most part.

the stigma of shame needs to return

I'm just glad to know that history will not look favorably upon small-minded bigots like TheReff

Nope, we all have rights already built into the Constitution. God also built us as man & woman. If a private business wants to go to the expense of adding the 3rd facility, more power to them, but states should not have to for .1% of the population. We are moving the ACC baseball tournament to the state of Kentucky and if anybody has checked, I believe you will find they have no extra "protections" either. Kentucky and Mississippi have joined the 11 states challenging the legality of President Obama's recent directive I wonder if the ACC checked into that or any of the other states before pulling all these championships? I wonder if they will be moving their own offices from the luxurious headquarters at Grandover [speaking of being hypocrites!]. Hate for John Swofford to give up that nice golf course and other amenities.

Nope, we all have rights already built into the Constitution. God also built us as man & woman. If a private business wants to go to the expense of adding the 3rd facility, more power to them, but states should not have to for .1% of the population. We are moving the ACC baseball tournament to the state of Kentucky and if anybody has checked, I believe you will find they have no extra "protections" either. Kentucky and Mississippi have joined the 11 states challenging the legality of President Obama's recent directive I wonder if the ACC checked into that or any of the other states before pulling all these championships? I wonder if they will be moving their own offices from the luxurious headquarters at Grandover [speaking of being hypocrites!]. Hate for John Swofford to give up that nice golf course and other amenities.

See, there is the flaw in your premise. Not everyone was built as man or woman. Some people, does not matter if it's .001%, don't fit squarely within one of those two categories. Those people are entitled to protection as well.

Also, take it to the religion board (offsite, run by RULZ).

Why is TheReff's interpretation of this "religion" and BarcaDeac, MDMH & Pilchard's interpretation not "religion"? Liberals begin every discussion on every topic with the assumption that their opinion on everything is morally right and that anyone who disagrees with their opinion is morally wrong. Liberals' moral arrogance is totally disgusting.

I'm still not sure how that relates to my post. The Reff said 99% of us were being forced to do something and I want him to explain that because it doesn't make any sense.

Back