• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

What kind of deviant sexual behavior is occurring in bathrooms?

I guess the country blumpkin is probably popular in Randolph County.

Seems like conservatives love to preach about the free market when it's convenient but the second an actor in the free market takes business elsewhere for reasons conservatives disagree with, they condemn the private actor.

See the post above blaming the ACC/NCAA.

Certainly, transgenders are human and deserve rights.....but you do not take away rights from 99.8% of people who are engaging in normal behavior to provide rights for 0.2% of people who are engaging in deviant behavior.

And before you lose your mind over that last statement, there can be no doubt that transgenders are exhibiting deviant behavior. Here is a definition of the word:

de·vi·ant  (dē′vē-ənt)
adj.
Differing from a norm or from the accepted standards of a society.
n.
One that differs from a norm, especially a person whose behavior and attitudes differ from accepted social standards.

deviant (ˈdiːvɪənt)
adj
(Sociology) deviating, as from what is considered acceptable behaviour
n
(Sociology) a person whose behaviour, esp sexual behaviour, deviates from what is considered to be acceptable

What is my right that is being taken away?

ETA: I am a straight man who is not afraid to take a leak in a public restroom.

Have any of you men from NC seen a transgender woman in the men's bathroom? Have any of your friends? Do you all have any evidence this law is having any effect?

I've seen several women (sex), who identify with the female gender, who have used the Men's room since HB2. No one was harmed, and no enforcement of the law took place.

If you want to have laws like HB2 that is fine i don't give a shit but to turn around and complain about the consequences of those laws is asinine. You chose the law live with the consequence, in this case an organization disagreeing with it and responding accordingly.

I think that one of the unexpected benefits of HB2 was getting the NBA out of the state of North Carolina.

I wonder if boob has ever experienced a country blumpkin, or at least been in the vicinity of one.

The day the coliseum stood quiet

The law, passed last March, requires transgender people to use public restrooms and locker rooms that correspond to the gender on their birth certificates.

This is exactly as it should be....and it should never be changed for any reason, and certainly not due to something as trivial as a threat to move a damned sports event out of the state.

Bad solution for a problem that didn't exist. North Carolina is becoming the new Mississippi. When I lived in Alabama, people used to say thank God for Mississippi.

Last edited:
The mere presence of males in the girls' bathroom is an example of deviant behavior.

So you would prefer someone who looks like a woman and acts like a woman and is known to others as a woman to use the men's bathroom. Just say that.

Have any of you men from NC seen a transgender woman in the men's bathroom? Have any of your friends? Do you all have any evidence this law is having any effect?

The only change I have perceived since the passage of HB2 was the loss of money and events experienced by the state. Oh, and we have a Democratic Governor. That's about it. The state also elected a liberal majority on the NC Supreme Court, but Uncle Phil is working on that one.

I think that one of the unexpected benefits of HB2 was getting the NBA out of the state of North Carolina.

Yep, who gives a shit about the jobs it costs and the money businesses lose?

How is dick patrol training going?

Not me. At least, not yet. I perform a dick check every time I enter the restroom to be sure...

Are there any upcoming conferences, events, or gatherings in Randolph County impacted by HB2?

So you would prefer someone who looks like a woman and acts like a woman and is known to others as a woman to use the men's bathroom. Just say that.

Exactly. Bobknightfan won't say that because as you lay it out it is ridiculous for a person as you describe to go into the guys' room. That's why this issue is a nonissue and the law thus completely unnecessary. The argument gets mired in individual belief systems on transgender folks and the LGBT community and Biblical stuff. None of that matters because as a pragmatic issue it is a nonissue. If a man identifies as a woman, dresses like a woman, known as a woman enters a women's bathroom absolutely no one would know, including Bobknightfan. In addition, think about where they would use the restroom in this scenario? The only place to go in a women's restroom is in a stall...in private. Similarly if a woman identifies as a man, dresses like a man, etc. uses a men's room the only option is also the stall as they would be unable to use the urinal...private again.

As I said earlier the bathroom portion of this bill is a complete canard. It distracts the public from the even more nefarious anti-LGBT elements of the bill.

Exactly. Bobknightfan won't say that because as you lay it out it is ridiculous for a person as you describe to go into the guys' room. That's why this issue is a nonissue and the law thus completely unnecessary. The argument gets mired in individual belief systems on transgender folks and the LGBT community and Biblical stuff. None of that matters because as a pragmatic issue it is a nonissue. If a man identifies as a woman, dresses like a woman, known as a woman enters a women's bathroom absolutely no one would know, including Bobknightfan. In addition, think about where they would use the restroom in this scenario? The only place to go in a women's restroom is in a stall...in private. Similarly if a woman identifies as a man, dresses like a man, etc. uses a men's room the only option is also the stall as they would be unable to use the urinal...private again.

As I said earlier the bathroom portion of this bill is a complete canard. It distracts the public from the even more nefarious anti-LGBT elements of the bill.

what about a community center pool, with its public restrooms that include showers and changing areas?

Back