• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Is that really a meme?

I didn't know it was a meme either. But I'm not sure anyone can argue that HB2 isn't a reaction to the ordinance passed in Charlotte.

Oh it's rj arguing that. Okay.

Getting back to the sports part of this thread, I am glad Duke and Carolina don't get to play in nearby Greensboro for the 1st 2 rounds.

But Duke can play home games at the Meadowlands.

OK, I got meme wrong. My bad.

Well, I stand corrected.

one-does-not-petdv6.jpg

The NCAA shouldn't let NC teams participate in NCAA events.

An NCAA Tourney with no Duke or UNC?

The ACC is considering moving the football championship game from Charlotte and other championships form NC.

Getting back to the sports part of this thread, I am glad Duke and Carolina don't get to play in nearby Greensboro for the 1st 2 rounds.

ESPECIALLY Carolina. While Duke has lost in NC plenty of times, UNC has lost exactly once. In 1979 ("Black Sunday").

When they've actually had to leave the state they've been prone to the upset or two in the first two rounds (Harold "The Show," Titus Ivory, George Mason, 8 seed BC, 8 seed UNCC almost taking them out, etc.)

I wish this whole thread had occurred on the other (Political) forum.

ACC moving all neutral site championship games including football outta NC.

http://www.theacc.com/news/statements-from-the-atlantic-coast-conference-09-14-2016

Statement from the ACC Council of Presidents:
“As members of the Atlantic Coast Conference, the ACC Council of Presidents reaffirmed our collective commitment to uphold the values of equality, diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination. Every one of our 15 universities is strongly committed to these values and therefore, we will continue to host ACC Championships at campus sites. We believe North Carolina House Bill 2 is inconsistent with these values, and as a result, we will relocate all neutral site championships for the 2016-17 academic year. All locations will be announced in the future from the conference office.”

Statement from Clemson University President James P. Clements, chair of the ACC Council of Presidents:

“The ACC presidents engaged in a constructive, wide-ranging and vigorous discussion of this complex issue over the past two days. The decision to move the neutral site championships out of North Carolina while HB 2 remains the law was not an easy one but it is consistent with the shared values of inclusion and non-discrimination at all of our institutions.”

Statement from ACC Commissioner John Swofford:
“The ACC Council of Presidents made it clear that the core values of this league are of the utmost importance, and the opposition to any form of discrimination is paramount. Today’s decision is one of principle, and while this decision is the right one, we recognize there will be individuals and communities that are supportive of our values as well as our championship sites that will be negatively affected. Hopefully, there will be opportunities beyond 2016-17 for North Carolina neutral sites to be awarded championships.”

Neutral site championships (in date order):
Women’s Soccer
Football
Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
Women’s Basketball
Men’s and Women’s Tennis
Women’s Golf
Men’s Golf
Baseball

I'd guess D.C. or Orlando this year? Big headache

Yeah, the Jacksonville partnership did not go well. Orlando seems to make the most sense at first guess, but Zika !

In better news---we don't have to go play Old North State again for Men's Golf. That's a positive. Maybe this year is the year to break the streak and win an ACCT.

Back