• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

ACC should relocate HQs to DC just to troll Maryland.

Woulda been interesting if men's bball tourney had been in NC this year. But I assume it would've been moved if they're willing to move football

I gotta think Orlando is a lock for this years ACC FB Championship with no NFL team and renovations complete.

Free market = free choices for market participants.

Love the outrage about the choices the ACC/NCAA makes from the same people who defend free market principles ad nauseum. Greensboro state rep called it "extortion" yesterday - don't think he wants to play that game if he's as outspoken about capitalism as he is about the choices the NCAA makes.

There are probably some conflicted rube redneck FSU fans: mad at the ACC for giving in to the "tranny law" as I've seen it called on here, but happy that they might not have to travel as far to watch the Noles.

For the "NCAA is corrupt and has more important problems on which they should focus" crowd, what's the company line for the ACC's decision?

I'll have what the N&R's Doug Clark is smoking.

The biggest recipient of this blow is Charlotte, which was to host the ACC football championship game Dec. 3.

But Greensboro is close behind, losing women's basketball, swimming & diving.

Dan Forest: "The NCAA's action sends a message to every female athlete and female fan attending their events that their privacy and security in a bathroom, shower or locker room isn't worth the price of a ticket to a ballgame. We have seen the NCAA's attitude towards women before when they stood by and did nothing during the rapes at Baylor. For years, we've seen the NBA turn a blind eye towards women victims of domestic abuse at the hands of their star players. Why should we be surprised now at the NCAA continuing this pattern of discrimination and degradation of women? The line has now been drawn in the sand, first by Hollywood, now by the NBA and NCAA, either accept their 'progressive sexual agenda' or pay the price. North Carolina will not play that game. We value our women too much to put a price tag on their heads."

https://www.facebook.com/DanForestNC/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Holy shit, he said that the day after that girl's press conference at Chapel Hill ! ! ! ! These people are fucking morons !!

I guess ORL makes sense.

I was thinking Nash could work since the champ game will surely feature one of Loui, Clem (both fairly easy travel) or FSU (will travel)

The attendance will suck again for a Florida based ACCG unless FSU plays Miami, or if the game actually pitted something like BCS #3 v. #5, and it essentially was a national championship quarterfinal. If it's 11-1 Clemson versus 9-3 UNC or Pitt, there are going to be a ton of empty seats.

Moving championships due to stupid laws is a slippery slope for the ACC (and NCAA). With that said, at some point, NC has to get its act together and realize that requiring transgender people to use a particular bathroom is not really worth the hit the State is taking.

Back