• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

I guess you would know about those "kinds of places in North Carolina" there Biff! Just saying as I haven't been to Dowd YMCA but it sounds like you hang there a lot.

I actually stopped going there quite some time ago because it's too crowded and I didn't like the layout of the workout area (too many stairs). Otherwise, it's a good place to rub elbows with lots of City Councilmen and community leaders though.

Last edited:
Yeah, using a taser on someone with a gun is just megadumb. If the taser doesn't work as intended you're just pissing them off more.

So they are supposed to try to tase a convicted violent felon with a gun (who has previously shot someone)? Makes perfect sense.

Then why do they train with Taser X2 in this scenario? In addition they train in tactical withdrawal. There are two alternatives to how they played it. There are probably more. These police in no way attempted to de escalate the situation.further they ramped it up from the moment they arrived. IMO what we see here is a complete disregard to their training regime as told so far by their superiors.

Then why do they train with Taser X2 in this scenario? In addition they train in tactical withdrawal. There are two alternatives to how they played it. There are probably more. These police in no way attempted to de escalate the situation.further they ramped it up from the moment they arrived. IMO what we see here is a complete disregard to their training regime as told so far by their superiors.

This is completely false. First off, they left the guy alone when he just had the weed. It wasn't until they saw him a second time with the weed and gun that they confronted him. And do they train with a taser in scenarios where the perp has a gun? That makes no sense. I'm sure they train with the tasers for when the perp is unarmed, which would make sense.
They told him about 25 times to get out of the car, and he wouldn't do it. Then when he finally did get out, with a gun, they told him a bunch more times to drop the gun, and he didn't do it and started moving around. They definitely attempted to de-escalate, and he ignored all of their efforts.

This is completely false. First off, they left the guy alone when he just had the weed. It wasn't until they saw him a second time with the weed and gun that they confronted him. And do they train with a taser in scenarios where the perp has a gun? That makes no sense. I'm sure they train with the tasers for when the perp is unarmed, which would make sense.
They told him about 25 times to get out of the car, and he wouldn't do it. Then when he finally did get out, with a gun, they told him a bunch more times to drop the gun, and he didn't do it and started moving around. They definitely attempted to de-escalate, and he ignored all of their efforts.

Fucking dying over weed possession is off the scale to start with. This man was not a threat to the public. He was scared shitless I'm sure because there were four guns pointed at him for no reason. In addition they could have used his wife to diffuse it if they had just backed off. So give us your scenario if these cops had just walked backwards fifty yards. Was he going to kill his wife, the child he was waiting for? What police training includes yelling orders and lethal force as the only alternatives in this situation? In addition you can google the many times Taser 2x has taken down perps with guns. It's not a stun gun. It's a distance weapon. I'm sure you are well versed in police tactics with their array of alternatives to subdue an individual.

Fucking dying over weed possession is off the scale to start with. This man was not a threat to the public. He was scared shitless I'm sure because there were four guns pointed at him for no reason. In addition they could have used his wife to diffuse it if they had just backed off. So give us your scenario if these cops had just walked backwards fifty yards. Was he going to kill his wife, the child he was waiting for? What police training includes yelling orders and lethal force as the only alternatives in this situation? In addition you can google the many times Taser 2x has taken down perps with guns. It's not a stun gun. It's a distance weapon. I'm sure you are well versed in police tactics with their array of alternatives to subdue an individual.

He clearly was. He had shot someone previously, had stabbed his wife in attempt to kill her, and at the time of the confrontation was in illegal possession of a gun that he was brandishing. What the fuck else does he have to do for you to consider him a threat to the public? He had tried to kill the wife before, and had beaten the kid before. Keep defending this piece of shit all you want, but common sense doesn't buy it.

He clearly was. He had shot someone previously, had stabbed his wife in attempt to kill her, and at the time of the confrontation was in illegal possession of a gun that he was brandishing. What the fuck else does he have to do for you to consider him a threat to the public? He had tried to kill the wife before, and had beaten the kid before. Keep defending this piece of shit all you want, but common sense doesn't buy it.

"Piece of shit." Enough said.

That's the problem I have with releasing the videos. 99% of the time they are only going to reinforce the stance/outcome you support. Cop supporters are going to say the video proves it was justified, those on the other side are going to say it proved he wasn't a threat.

It's a no win situation for everyone involved. I believe we can all agree that we wish it would have ended differently, and that it doesn't look like there will be definitive proof of either viewpoint...at least not any time soon.

Sad situation all around...and I would hate to be the one that had to make that decision to fire.

I don't think this is true at all. See: Tulsa

They knew all that before they killed him?

So they are supposed to try to tase a convicted violent felon with a gun (who has previously shot someone)? Makes perfect sense.

Especially one who was ordered to drop the weapon. Why not just drop the weapon (or whatever he was holding)? If he wasn't holding a weapon, why wouldn't he immediately drop whatever he was holding that the officers thought was a weapon?

They knew all that before they killed him?

I don't think they did. But, as a convicted felon in possession of drugs and a stolen weapon, Scott knew he was fucked when the cops saw the gun. I think Scott's behavior reflected that.

I don't think they did. But, as a convicted felon in possession of drugs and a stolen weapon, Scott knew he was fucked when the cops saw the gun. I think Scott's behavior reflected that.

The guy was a POS here in San Antonio years ago. Let's just say SAPD was quite familiar with him.

SAN ANTONIO - A man shot and killed by North Carolina police last week served time in prison for shooting a San Antonio man in 2002.

Keith Lamont Scott, 43, reached an agreement with prosecutors that led to a seven-year sentence for a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
More Defenders Headlines

Video shows moments before Keith Lamont Scott's shooting
Disturbing Video by Keith Scott's Wife Shows the Moment He Was Shot: 'He…
Charlotte police shooting: What happens next
Charlotte shooting: Police release video and photo evidence

Court documents obtained by the Defenders Wednesday detail the shooting. It happened on Sept. 17, 2002, outside a fast food restaurant on the 1800 block of South Zarzamora Street.

Last edited:

Absolutely perfect that they are at least taking a stand and having their basketball tournament in Charlotte. Wish other conferences would take a stand for the less vocal majority of people and keep things where they are supposed to be and quit letting this PC junk rule our lives. Less than .1% of the people get to tell the other 99+% of us what we have to do. Also glad the radio station took a stand and cancelled out on carrying ECU football over their band actions!

Real question here is what's the purpose of having an event for the media if you don't have the media?

Less than .1% of the people get to tell the other 99+% of us what we have to do.

I wasn't aware that 99+% of us were social conservative business owners that provide separate public male and female bathrooms that disallowed gender conformity. Now that I've typed that, 99% seems really high, are you sure that's right?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Back