• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

New ITA rankings are out today. Wake men are #3 (well ahead of #4 UNC), Chrysochos is #1, Mansouri #8, Seraphim #34. Mansouri/Seraphim are #1 in doubles. On the women's side Wake is #29, Guerin #67, and Davis #86.

Heartbreaking loss. I missed the final set due to some internal server error on FloTennis end. So, so close. Serving 3-0 40-30. Several BP's on Torp's serve after that. Serving 6-5, 30-0. We were right there. It seemed that Torp played the deuce points better.

What happened to Petros? He was up 3-0 in every set and lost 2 of them.

Just talent coming back, or did he have a lot of unforced errors?

What happened to Petros? He was up 3-0 in every set and lost 2 of them.

Just talent coming back, or did he have a lot of unforced errors?

Certainly he had some missed opportunities, notably up 6-2 in the 1st set TB, and again 3-0 40-30 in the 3rd, and 6-5 30-0 in the 3rd. That being said, Mikael Torpegaard is a great player and he played great on the big points. He kept swinging and I saw only two exceptions in the 3rd where Petros let him off the hook by missing an easy ball. Petros does not have a huge serve so holding for him is not the same as it is for Skan, or some others. What he does have is a great return and lethal groundies. He'll bounce back.

Lost the doubles point at Tenn, including our #1 team getting upset, but on the verge of closing it out 4-1

Weather is terrible here. Are they playing in the rain? Or indoors?

Chrysochos a game away from clinching the win. Gadjiev serving for the W.

So we have beat #'s 4, 5 and 8 twice. Building up quite a cushion for 3rd place, which should give us a good seeding for the national tournament.

Really impressive road win. We're legit this year

Agreed. The top three teams in the country (wake, uva, Ohio state) seem to be a few steps above the other top 10 teams.

Petros was down 1-4 in the first and stormed back to win in straight sets.

The Deacs play TCU on Monday. If all their players are available they are really good. I think Norrie might be the best player in college right now.

The Deacs play TCU on Monday. If all their players are available they are really good. I think Norrie might be the best player in college right now.

Wake is at TCU right now and in some trouble. We won the doubles, but Petros lost 3,2 at #1 singles. We also lost 4 of 5 first sets in singles, so we need to find a way to flip one of those matches. 6 singles hasn't started yet because they are playing indoors and only have 5 courts.

Wake is at TCU right now and in some trouble. We won the doubles, but Petros lost 3,2 at #1 singles. We also lost 4 of 5 first sets in singles, so we need to find a way to flip one of those matches. 6 singles hasn't started yet because they are playing indoors and only have 5 courts.

This loss would hurt us. TCU is a good team, but has lost to some really bad teams while they've had guys injured, so their ranking is really low and would therefore kill our ranking (cue:432435-page debate about whether bad losses hurt our ranking--spoiler: they do).

Yeah, been following this. Wouldn't be a great loss.

Norrie smoked Petros.

Dennis took care of his match at the 6 so Wake up 2-1.

Looks like it may come down to the final match if we want to have a chance, which, due to TCU having only 5 indoor courts, is starting soon.

Yeah, been following this. Wouldn't be a great loss.

Norrie smoked Petros.

In my opinion, Norrie is the best player in college tennis, and he proved it today. He's ranked in the 200s on the ATP tour. TCU may have the best 1 & 2 singles in the country - along with Wake and Ohio State.

Back