• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Borna Gojo just beat a top 100 opponent at the WS open.

Awesome. I feel like I've seen Botzer's name in challenger draws. Mystery Men or Rafi, any idea where these two slot into the lineup?

Two solid pick-ups for sure. Bar, the Israeli, is 23 years old! They both seem like 4-6 line-up players.

These are both good pickups. I do not see Zlobinsky as a top 6 singles guy, but close. Maybe 7, but I do think he will help us in dubs. I would think Botzer would be a better bet to play top 6, but he may need to play his way into form as I haven't seen him in a draw in a long time. I agree with Rafi that we will add at least one more in January. It was rumored a few weeks ago that TCU transfer, Eduardo Nava, was coming as well. I think you could write in ink that Petros, Borna, and Skander will play 1-3 in the spring. Seraphim will absolutely occupy one of the 4-6 spots, preferably 5 or 6. The other two 4-6 spots are up for grabs. One of them will certainly go to a recruit that is slated to come in January, and Nava will take the other if he is healthy and still coming. To give you some perspective, Alan Gadjiev was up 6-4, 5-5 on Zlobinsky when we played Texas last year, so he's right there at 6, 7 or 8. We have so much depth this year it isn't funny.

Awesome. I feel like I've seen Botzer's name in challenger draws. Mystery Men or Rafi, any idea where these two slot into the lineup?

Bar was in the Israeli army, which is why he is older and hasn't played pro matches in a while.

Has anyone seen results of recent matches?

Mansouri and Zlobinsky had good runs at the pro tournament in Cary (Challenger level). Both won 3 matches in qualifying and Zlobinsky won a main round match.

Judging by the Cary and Columbus challengers, I want to rescind my comment that Julian Zlobinsky isn't a top 6 guy. His results in those two pro tournaments certainly tell a different story. We are going to be incredibly deep this year. As has been the case in years past, #4 will be our key spot. We need someone, either Zlobinsky or Botzer, or the January additions, Nava or Efstathiou to grab #4. Seraphim and one of the others should be 5 and 6. Much like some of those UVA teams a few years ago, or 7-9 spots are good enough for top 6 on 99.9% of the teams in the country.

Feel like it's a matter of time before WF gets a men's tennis Natty.

No streaming for Petros today. He is currently up 5-2. He won mixed dubs 6-2 this am and plays again in MxD tonight.

Seraphim, Botzer, and Solomon all play tomorrow at Univ of Florida. Really interested to see how Bar does. He plays Trey Yates of UK who is ranked 62. Yuval drew Fredo Perez of Florida, who is top 10.

Freshman Yuval Solomon just beat the #7 player in the country, Alfredo Perez, 7-6, 6-3! Huge win and upset for him. Petros up a little later. Bar and Seraphim playing now.

Freshman Yuval Solomon just beat the #7 player in the country, Alfredo Perez, 7-6, 6-3! Huge win and upset for him. Petros up a little later. Bar and Seraphim playing now.

Wow, that's impressive and unexpected.

Back