• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Will be Noah Rubin v. Roger Federer in the second round of the Aussie Open on Tuesday night. That's pretty freaking cool

Will be Noah Rubin v. Roger Federer in the second round of the Aussie Open on Tuesday night. That's pretty freaking cool

Rubin gets a $60,000 payday for making the second round, which is about half of what he made on tour for all of 2016.

The poster is referring to a commit to the women's team, Peyton Pesavento.

Her family lives in Davie County. Pesavento is ranked 27th in the junior class. We also have a commit from #36 Anna Brylin from New Jersey.

Rubin gets a $60,000 payday for making the second round, which is about half of what he made on tour for all of 2016.

True, although to be fair, he missed much of last summer with an injury. Didn't play in Wimbledon (and, I think, the French Open).

Including when he made the second round of the Australian Open.

Is it a lock the match tomorrow will be at Rod Laver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what Federer had to say about playing Noah Rubin, "I know he's a baseliner,” said the Swiss, who admitted he knew little about the former Wimbledon junior champion. “He makes a lot of shots. I guess it's not a bad thing for me. I know it's probably more on my racquet rather than playing a big server.”

The women won both their matches 7-0 today.

Rubin v Federer is scheduled on Laver. 3rd match of the 11 am (in Australia) session.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's on around 11 PM Eastern tonight. Two women's matches in front of it starting at 7 PM

The men host #12 Oklahoma at 5pm on Saturday night. It should be a great match for those that are able to get to campus. We beat Oklahoma twice in the regular season but they throttled us 4-0 in the NCAAs. It should be a real test for our guys. The Andrew Harris-Petros match at #1 is as good as it gets in college.

The men host #12 Oklahoma at 5pm on Saturday night. It should be a great match for those that are able to get to campus. We beat Oklahoma twice in the regular season but they throttled us 4-0 in the NCAAs. It should be a real test for our guys. The Andrew Harris-Petros match at #1 is as good as it gets in college.

Harris didn't play singles this past weekend, but that was probably because of the quality of the competition. He did play doubles and he played a challenger in Australia the week before (and went 3 sets with the #58 player in the world). He's had a lot of injuries over the past 2 years, but I would guess he'll play against Petros and it will be a great match. I think indoors favors Harris, but Petros is a gamer and I could see him winning.

Is Harris the dude that didn't play in the two Deacs wins and returned for the tournament?

Is Harris the dude that didn't play in the two Deacs wins and returned for the tournament?

Yes. He was out a good portion of last year and then returned for the NCAA tourney and led them to the championship match.

Harris didn't play singles this past weekend, but that was probably because of the quality of the competition. He did play doubles and he played a challenger in Australia the week before (and went 3 sets with the #58 player in the world). He's had a lot of injuries over the past 2 years, but I would guess he'll play against Petros and it will be a great match. I think indoors favors Harris, but Petros is a gamer and I could see him winning.

I streamed his match vs. JL Struff in Canberra. He was actually up a break in the 3rd. I am sure he sat out singles this week just to get his sea legs under him. Two years ago I came in for our match against them and Harris beat Noah solidly. I would expect:

Harris vs. Petros
Papa vs. Skan
Ghilea vs. Gojo
Bragusi vs. Christian
Bertsch/Oetzbach vs. Alan
Ditto vs. Dennis

That's a tough opponent.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's on around 11 PM Eastern tonight. Two women's matches in front of it starting at 7 PM

God this women's match is painful. I just turned it on but Kerber's serve looks like a 12 year old's. Is she hurt or something?

Back