• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Really impressive win. Oklahoma is a team that's going to be going places this year.

Pretty dominant showing. The only matches that went 3 sets were Petros at 1 and Gadjiev at 6. Both of those were good comeback wins. Petros was down a set and a break and Gadjiev was down a set and 0-3.

Oh, my... how often does a 12th ranked team get beaten 7-0? I was almost as excited last night by this as our beating State

Two weeks into the season and two ACC Players of the Week. Last week it was Petros Chrysochos and this week Skander Mansouri. http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/012417aaa.html

Nice. Chrysochos will lead Cyprus against Turkey next weekend in Davis Cup Play. Nominations haven't been announced for Tunisia's tie against Sweden, but I'd be surprised if Mansouri were left off the team. If both Cyprus and Tunisia win, they'll play each other in the next round, April 7 - 9.

Nice. Chrysochos will lead Cyprus against Turkey next weekend in Davis Cup Play. Nominations haven't been announced for Tunisia's tie against Sweden, but I'd be surprised if Mansouri were left off the team. If both Cyprus and Tunisia win, they'll play each other in the next round, April 7 - 9.

Smart of Bresky to arrange our schedule this year so that we weren't playing on Davis Cup weekend. Cost us last year

Wake Tennis 2016-2017

Already pumped for the Wake-UT match in March. I hope they've finally moved back to their almost on-campus arena so i can get big-time drunk and yell obscenities at 18-year olds.

Oh, my... how often does a 12th ranked team get beaten 7-0? I was almost as excited last night by this as our beating State

Don't be fooled by the score. Many matches swing on one shot or two. Difference is it's winner take all in terms of points at end. Most matches were very competitive and could have gone other way with a point swing the other way.

Don't be fooled by the score. Many matches swing on one shot or two. Difference is it's winner take all in terms of points at end. Most matches were very competitive and could have gone other way with a point swing the other way.

Meh I get your point, but we won this one pretty comfortably. Oklahoma could have easily picked up a couple singles matches but they never really threatened to win the overall match

Anytime you go to a 10 point tb, it can go either way, so IF we lost both it would have been 5-2, and IF Christian had lost his 2nd set TB AND lost the subsequent 10 pt tb, it would have been 4-3. The other matches, including our 2 dubs wins were clear cut. And part of being a great tennis player is playing the TB's tough, and winning those big points and thus big matches. Oklahoma will do well this year. We will do better. UVA is without a doubt #1 in my book. I'd put us in the next tier with Ohio St and maybe Cal and UGA. I think we'll roll this weekend, and I think we will beat Okie St without too much scare, even though they are good. Then we'll really get to see how good we are at the National Indoors.

Also, it looks like Tunisa didn't pick Skander for the tie against Sweden. I'm surprised.

Question for those who know more about this than I do:

If the double point is decided by the winners of the first two doubles to finish, do they play out the third match or is it stopped at the time the doubles point is decided?

Question for those who know more about this than I do:

If the double point is decided by the winners of the first two doubles to finish, do they play out the third match or is it stopped at the time the doubles point is decided?

It stops once the point is decided.

Wake beat a good GA State team 4-0 today to qualify for the national indoor championships in Charlottesville. Petros toyed with their 1 singles player. He won 0,0 and won about 20 straight points to start the second set. I thought he might end up with a golden set.

Back