• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

ITA Carolinas Regionals starts tomorrow in Cary. Skander is the #1 seed. He won this tourney last year. Ronnie Schneider of UNC is 2, and Nico Alavarez of Duke is 3. Every other Deac is in the draw except Petros and Dennis. I didn't except Petros to play since he already has a WC to National Indoors. A little surprised to see Skander in the draw as I would assume he would get an at large bid to National Indoors. Not sure why Dennis isn't playing. Maybe injured. Max Kan is the 8 seed, Christian Seraphim is the 13 seed. Alan Gadjiev, Sean Hill, and Charles Parry also in the draw. Matches start tomorrow morning. Dubs draw will be released later tonight.

ITA Carolinas Regionals starts tomorrow in Cary. Skander is the #1 seed. He won this tourney last year. Ronnie Schneider of UNC is 2, and Nico Alavarez of Duke is 3. Every other Deac is in the draw except Petros and Dennis. I didn't except Petros to play since he already has a WC to National Indoors. A little surprised to see Skander in the draw as I would assume he would get an at large bid to National Indoors. Not sure why Dennis isn't playing. Maybe injured. Max Kan is the 8 seed, Christian Seraphim is the 13 seed. Alan Gadjiev, Sean Hill, and Charles Parry also in the draw. Matches start tomorrow morning. Dubs draw will be released later tonight.

I don't think at-large bids are given out until after Regionals, so I think it's a little tough to try to count on getting one. Might as well try to play your way in

MysteryMen, you are right about the WCs. Always better safe than sorry.

Skan, Seraphim, and Max Kan are all through in straight sets. Sean Hill lost 0 and 1 to Robert Kelly of UNC. Alan Gadjiev and Charles Parry haven't finished yet. Seraphim and Kan both have tricky round 2 opponents.

Gadjiev is into the 2nd round in 3 sets, while Charles Parry goes down in straights.

Great tourney for the Deacs. Skander is in the finals tomorrow vs Gabe Fredreich, the 4 seed from South Carolina. Skan beat Nico Alvarez, the 3 seed, from Duke this am in the semis 7-6, 6-2. Christian Seraphim made the quarters, upsetting the 6 seed along the way before losing 7-6, 6-2 to Alvarez. He should be ranked come Jan.

Skan/Seraphim are in the dubs quarters right now vs UNC. The semis are this afternoon.

Skander won the final this morning 4 and 4.

Second year in a row he has won, which is really impressive given that it's a tough regional with players from UNC, Duke, South Carolina, and NC State. He dominated the competition and didn't drop a set. The second best player in the tourney was the #1 from Duke (Alvarez), and the third best player was probably Seraphim from Wake.

Mansouri and Seraphim won the doubles championship today over a team from UNC. Quite a dominant performance for the Deacs!

If Lazarov can be a solid top four player for us we are going to be freaking good this year. Only issue is that I have no idea who's going to play 6 for us. Kan has been less than impressive this fall and none of the freshman have done much either

If Lazarov can be a solid top four player for us we are going to be freaking good this year. Only issue is that I have no idea who's going to play 6 for us. Kan has been less than impressive this fall and none of the freshman have done much either

Alan Gadjiev is ranked in the 900s on the ATP tour. He lost to Friedrich from SC in the Carolina ITA, and Friedrich made it to the finals (losing to Mansouri). Gadjiev beat the #125 player in the all-amercian tourney and then lost to the #95 player in 3 sets. He'll be more than solid at 6 singles.

Lazarov should slide right into the 3 spot vacated by Jon Ho. I think he'll do very well there. The key spot for us is 4 I believe. I came into the fall thinking Gadjiev would be there based solely on summer ITF results. With how Christian has been playing this fall, I think he could end up there with Gadjiev and Dennis playing 5 and 6.

The individual national indoor tournament started yesterday. It consists of the top 32 singles players in the country, as well as the top 20 doubles teams. Mansouri and Chrysochos (3 seed) won their singles matches yesterday to advance to the round of 16, and they'll play again this morning. Ohio State, UVA, Arkansas, and Wake all have 2 singles players left. Mansouri/Seraphim won their doubles match yesterday to advance to the round of 8 and will play again tonight. Wake is the only school with two singles players and a doubles team still alive.

We are very good at the tennis.

Yeah, we're damn good and in January we will add Alex Lazarov. When he enters he'll have the 4th best ATP ranking of all college tennis players (he's currently #627 in the world).

Do they have team rankings at this point? What are our chances of a natty?

Back