• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

If everyone comes back, we should be the favorites heading into next year. UVA loses a lot and UNC loses two of its key guys (Schneider and Murray) as well

If everyone comes back, we should be the favorites heading into next year. UVA loses a lot and UNC loses two of its key guys (Schneider and Murray) as well

don't know about Carowhina but doesn't matter who UVA loses because they just re-load so they will always be hard to beat

don't know about Carowhina but doesn't matter who UVA loses because they just re-load so they will always be hard to beat

Well they've lost Boland, so I think it's far from a foregone conclusion that they'll still recruit at the same level

UVA names a former assistant as new HC today, thankfully not Coach Bresky. Hoping we add some depth and contend for the title next year on our home courts.

Skander is the only Deac in action this week, as he is playing the Tunisia Futures. He and FSU #1 Aziz Dougaz beat the #4 seeds in doubles yesterday. Skan was given a WC directly into the main draw and leads another WC, Gabe Petit 7-6, 0-2, this morning. Petit is ranked right at 1000, which is 300 spots ahead of Skan.

I suspect we'll see more Deacs in draws next week. Wake is hosting futures tourneys on campus the next two weeks but Borna Gojo is the only one I see listed.

Skan lost 6-7, 6-4, 6-3 in singles yesterday, but he and Dougaz won in dubs again today and are into the semis. Qualies for the Wake Forest futures starts on Saturday.

Skander won his 4th doubles title on Saturday with FSU #1 Aziz Dougaz. I suspect he will have a WC into the main draw again this week but don't know yet.

Incoming freshman, Morgan Dill, and returning RFr., Pat Hannity, both lost in the 1st round of qualies in the Wake Forest Futures. The main draw starts tomorrow. Borna Gojo received direct entry due to his ranking, and we gave WCs to David Hopkins, Cory Parr, Jon Ho, and incoming freshman, Yuval Soloman.

Skander won his 4th doubles title on Saturday with FSU #1 Aziz Dougaz. I suspect he will have a WC into the main draw again this week but don't know yet.

Incoming freshman, Morgan Dill, and returning RFr., Pat Hannity, both lost in the 1st round of qualies in the Wake Forest Futures. The main draw starts tomorrow. Borna Gojo received direct entry due to his ranking, and we gave WCs to David Hopkins, Cory Parr, Jon Ho, and incoming freshman, Yuval Soloman.

Thanks for the update. Nice win by Skander. I wonder if Solomon is good enough to play top 6 for Wake?

Thanks for the update. Nice win by Skander. I wonder if Solomon is good enough to play top 6 for Wake?

I don't think that Yuval could play top 6 for Wake right now, but I think he is pretty good, and would probably have been 7th this year, and will certainly provide some depth. If he gets better, you never know. He hasn't played many if any, ITF events so hard to compare him to Alan. I think he's an upgrade from Max's form last year. From what I've read and heard, he's a tough player. He has a brutal match up right now against Jared Hiltzik, so not a great barometer, but will be interesting to see how he does.

He is the only Deacon playing singles anywhere today. A ton of guys playing dubs today, including Skander in Tunisia. He will play singles as a WC tomorrow, as will Borna in Winston. Dubs teams today are Borna/Chris Eaton (Asst coach), Cory Parr (asst coach)/Pat Hannity, Dill/Solomon.

I don't think that Yuval could play top 6 for Wake right now, but I think he is pretty good, and would probably have been 7th this year, and will certainly provide some depth. If he gets better, you never know. He hasn't played many if any, ITF events so hard to compare him to Alan. I think he's an upgrade from Max's form last year. From what I've read and heard, he's a tough player. He has a brutal match up right now against Jared Hiltzik, so not a great barometer, but will be interesting to see how he does.

I agree Solomon will provide good depth but probably won't play top 6 this year. It looks like he lost 1, 1 to Hiltzik this morning. I think Wake will try to add 1-2 more players to the team this summer.

Former men's assistant (under Zinn) Chris Brandi was named co-head coach at LSU (along with his father). I seem to remember that he left Wake under weird circumstances but can't remember what.

Back