• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need One (1) for NBA Fantasy League Pay League

jaybone

Reaction score
I have a 16-team league. $100 entry; $1,600 in payouts. Thanks to former league member, PHDeac, we have a weekly $10 payout. We need one.

We generally have no ringers, but I don't think any dead weight either.

Online draft is October 20th, 9PM. Snake draft though each year we get a little closer to switching to auction draft. I will put it up to a vote again this year, but expect to lose (I am for auction draft).

Here are the payouts for the 2016/17 season - they are the same as last year:

$200 in weekly payouts** ($10 a week, no weekly winner for all-star week); you need to have accessed and rotated your team at least 5 days prior to the beginning of the week or during the week to receive payout; otherwise the weekly payout will go to the next highest owner) If there is an owner or owners who win the week 9-0, they automatically win or split the pot superseding the weekly winner

$25 to mid-season (week 11) 2nd place
$50 to mid-season 1st place
$25 to 3rd place
$75 to 2nd place
$125 to 1st place
$50 to best record last 10 weeks
$75 to consolation bracket winner
$75 to 6th place playoff
$100 to 5th place playoff
$125 to 4th place playoff
$150 to 3rd place playoff
$200 to 2nd place playoff
$325 to playoff winner

If I owe you $50 or more, I will pay you by check whenever you request it (during the season). I don't mind paying you whatever money I owe you via Paypal whenever you request it. Otherwise, I pay everyone a day or two after the end of the season by check or paypal (your preference). Obviously, to pay you by check, I need your name and address, by paypal, the paypal account info.

**The weekly winner will be the team with the largest total in a category determined randomly on Thursday morning (e.g., rebounds, points, 3 pointers, etc...)**The weekly prize works as a side pot to reward teams who finish the best in the league in a random category for each of the first 20 weeks (except all-star week). I will look at my team's FG% on Thursday morning and use the last digit to determine that week's category in the following code:

0 = 3PTM
1 = PTS
2 = REB
3 = O-REB
4 = ASSIST
5 = STEALs
6 = ASSIST/TO
7 = 3-PTM
8 = REB
9 = ASSIST

For example, if my FG% Friday morning is .482, the digit is 2 and the team with the highest number or rebounds after Sunday will win $10. A total of $200 will be given in weekly prizes with no prize during all-star week. Any ties in any category will split the pot evenly. I will keep a running tab on the payouts.

I will post category on Thursday, winner on Monday, and keep a running tab on winners and money owed all season in the commissioner's note.

League ID#: 7806
League Name: 2015-16 Hoops Centro-matic
Auto-renew Enabled: Yes
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/2015_hoops_centromatic
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Thu Oct 20 9:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 16
Live Draft Pick Time:
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 80
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 2, 2017
Allow Draft Pick Trades: Yes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 21, 22 and 23 (6 teams) Note: Week 23 runs 10 days from Apr 3 to Apr 12
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only
Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Assist/Turnover Ratio (A/T)

Last edited:
And just to be clear - NO PALMA.

This is a small piece of the creed I have been living by for the last several years and I have found my aura much lighter and brighter as a result.

The full creed is, 'Live in the moment, be graceful and kind, love your wife and son like no other, NO PALMA.'

How about you pay me $1,600 not to play in your fantasy league, Snowflake?

Back