• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose Fernandez

This is truly awful. He had such a bright future, already one of the best in the league. RIP.

He announced on Instagram earlier this week that his wife is pregnant

This one is really getting to me, his story of getting over here and his personality and talent and everything. Fuck.

So shaken from this, the first athlete that I have lost that I was legit emotionally invested in since Micah Harris in 04 for Duke football. It is ironic that I packed my Jose shirt to wear today to the family reunion.

Jose Fernandez was so much fun to watch, because he always seemed to be having fun.

That doesn't even get into the background of escaping Cuba at 15 after three failed attempts, saving his mother when she fell off the boat in one of those attempts, this amazing reunion with his grandmother.... this is awful.

Awful news, he had such a bright future. Super good guy who always had fun.

Yesterday I was pissed when the Marlins pushed his start so he would face the Mets this week. Now I really wish that he was making that start. Always seemed like such a good dude.

Jesus. How awful. One of the great young personalities and talents in baseball. Unreal.

Not a big baseball fan, but I really liked this guy's game, story and personality. RIP

No words, just tears for a kid I always hoped I would someday have the pleasure of meeting. There wasn't much chance of it happening, but it would have been damn cool if it did.

Last edited:
Damn, that is terrible.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Miami is not the safest place to be young, famous and super wealthy. This sucks. I agree he was fun to watch, and baseball needed that. It's a boring game these days.

He was supposed to start today. But due to someone coming off the DL, his start got pushed back a day. Obviously, he wouldn't have been out late of he made the start. Life can be all be coincidences, and this is a sad example of that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back