• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Receiving votes in the Coaches Poll

What's a Raking! I mean besides what we are getting ready to do this Fall?

Tennessee, Texas A&M ... who the hell is this Colley guy? Blah blah blah, Houston, Wake Forest ... wait, Wake Forest!? This Colley guy rules!!!

We beat State and we are top 3 in COLLEY. The only true computer program out there IMHO!!1!

The Colley computer rankings are also known as Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings.

It's about time somebody removed the BIAS from the rankings so we can see the REAL winners in college football.

Here's the method: http://www.colleyrankings.com/matrate.pdf

I love this bit at the end of the Intro.

1. has no bias toward conference, tradition, history, etc.,
(and, hence, has no pre-season poll),
2. is reproducible,
3. uses a minimum of assumptions,
4. uses no
ad hoc
adjustments,
5. nonetheless adjusts for strength of schedule,
6. ignores runaway scores, and
7. produces common sense results.

Last edited:
I don't need to see the METHOD to the numbers. I just know that they FEEL right to me !

Go Deacs ! ! ! !

We still haven't beat anyone yet. Duke had a nice win vs ND but ND isn't looking all that good. State will be a very good measuring stick for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We still haven't beat anyone yet. Duke had a nice win vs ND but ND isn't looking all that good. State will be a very good measuring stick for us

Not sure you understand how 4-0 works, but we've beaten EVERYONE that we played.

Colley clearly knows his stuff.

Every team Wake has played this year has been undefeated going into the Wake game. If you remove their losses to Wake, the 4 teams we have played are 8-2.

I don't know if we can say we've beaten no one, and have State be a measuring stick for us, and have both statements be true.

If we beat State we will be undefeated, but nationally the perception will still be that we've beaten no one; hence State is not really a measuring stick for us other than internally as a fan base.

how is Georgia even ranked at all?

They got blown out on the road by a team that had big leads on the #4 and #1 teams before losing. Ole Miss really should have won both of those games and would be ranked #1 instead of #16 right now.

That said, if Georgia doesn't play better at home this week against UT, they will certainly drop out of the rankings.

Georgia is 3-1 with a win over UNC that looks like a borderline top 25 team. Their low top 25 ranking seems reasonable to me.

UGA deserves credit for the UNC win, but in addition to getting pounded by Ole Miss, UGA beat a bad Nichols State team by 2, and Missouri by 1. Overall, UGA has not played well since week #1.

UGA deserves credit for the UNC win, but in addition to getting pounded by Ole Miss, UGA beat a bad Nichols State team by 2, and Missouri by 1. Overall, UGA has not played well since week #1.

Which is why they weren't ranked higher than #12 going into the game and are now #25. Not defending Georgia. They've got a new coach, limited depth along the OL and DL, and a freshman quarterback.

I'll also say that Clemson has to be the least convincing #5 team in history.

The coaches poll is a joke. Half the coaches probably didn't even realize UGa lost.

If they were playing a nobody this week they'd probably fall out even with a win as coaches realize how bad Ole Miss beat them the week before

I'll have a glass of what Jerry Palm is drinking! Seems pretty optimistic to me, but would be pretty amazing if it did happen!
Belk Bowl Dec. 29 Charlotte, N.C. ACC vs. SEC Wake Forest vs. LSU
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I'll have what this guy's having (in the comments of that link):

Notre Dame's win over a struggling Syracuse team Saturday was enough for pollsters to continue their upward projections of the Irish, compared to winning ACC teams, The Irish (2-3) lost to Texas, Michigan State, and Duke. Each of those teams--after beating the Irish--went on to lose subsequent games. Following Notre Dame's loss to Texas, the Longhorns dropped 2 games, Michigan State loss two games, and Duke dropped one game to the Cavilers of UVA. However, today's bowl projections has the Irish (2-3) being awarded a more prestigious bowl game than, for example, Wake Forest (4-1).

Notre Dame is projected to play in Sun Bowl on December 30th, while Wake Forest is projected to play on December 27th in the Military Bowl. Each bowl had a 2015 payout of $2.1 and $1 million, respectively. Otherwise, by comparison, the Deamon Deacons of Wake Forest (4-1) defeated Duke and Indiana on the road, and has 3 ranked teams remaining on their schedule. The Irish (2-3) lost to Duke in South Bend, has one road win on a neutral site ( against Syracuse), and has only 2 teams on their remaining schedule that are currently ranked. ---

Notre Dame can't be picked ahead of us if there's a 2-win difference between our records. So if we're 8-4 and they're 6-6, we have to be picked before them.

It's a confusing process that's hard to keep track of, but if we want to get Charlotte/Jax/NYC/Sun Bowl I think we'll need to be 2 wins ahead of ND and have either 1) the OB pick a Big Ten team (imminently possible), which opens up an ACC slot for the Citrus Bowl OR 2) have both Louisville and Clemson make the playoff.

And we'd have to beat out the likes of Pitt, Duke, and GT for that last slot. But there's hope. Just gotta keep winning to give ourselves the best shot

Last edited:
Back