• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

Those 2 and Army + Cuse at home. Win this weekend and it's ultimate house money.

How are we going to get to 8 wins? UVA and BC should be wins, but not sure about the rest. Plus, Wake is good to drop a game it shouldn't.

Currently, WF would be a favorite over Cuse, Army, UVA and BC at home; all of those spreads would be less than a TD; at most, WF would be expected to win 3 of those 4. WF will be huge dogs @L'ville, @FSU and home against Clemson. WF is a hefty dog at State. If Vegas submitted a revised won/loss over/under, think it would be set at 7 or 7.5.

Those bowl locations just blow so hard.

Really? Given the choices some other conferences have I think the ACC has some pretty solid options. I guess that's just relative though and not looking at "is this city cool or not." I mean I doubt many Wake fans make a trip to Detroit or Shreveport around Christmas. St. Pete is at least better.

Let's just take one game at a time before we get too far ahead of ourselves. Beat the Wolfpack!

Well they need asses in seats, restaurants, hotels and preferably asses with big wallets.

I want the Tax Slayer Bowl because of the potential good matchup and the easy drive for the majority of our fanbase. I'd prefer to play a P5 opponent.

Agree about the P5 opponent. That would put the Taxslayer above the St. Petersburg and Military bowls. But I would prefer the Belk, Sun, Pinstripe, Independence, Quick Lane all before the Taxslayer.

The line has moved up to 10, 10.5 on some books. Keep sleeping on us.

They must be reading the relevant thread over at Crack Ride. Some things just never change. There are some who believe State won't win another game and the rest say there is no way they lose to us because: Wake. As someone said earlier somewhere, the most bipolar fanbase in the land.

Bowl talk needs to be checked. Have you all learned nothing in the past 10, 20, 30, 40 years?

And yes, keep sleeping on us all you ACC teams and line makers. "Haters need to find a new hobby" - Steve Smith #89.

Although, I like the motivation that being a 10.5 point road dog provides.

Bowl talk needs to be checked. Have you all learned nothing in the past 10, 20, 30, 40 years?

Yes. And what I have learned is that it is sadly so rare for Wake fans to get to talk about potentially making a bowl game, that I want to enjoy it whenever I can.

This seems like it's probably a pretty good moneyline bet on Wake
The only thing State has proven is that it can beat bad FCS teams and lose to a mediocre FBS team
Wake has proven it can beat FCS teams and well as mediocre to average FBS teams on the road, yet Wake is still pretty a pretty big dog going into Raleigh.

Last edited:

I would much rather be the underdog going into this game.
It will keep our guys motivated and it will increase the anguish of the wuffies when they lose.
Being the dog has worked pretty good so far against Duke and Indiana.

We can only lose to one team not named Louisville, Clemson, or Florida State. Possible, but not likely.

We get Louisville 5 days before they play @ Houston #justsayin #IT'SATRAP!

Will come down to if our defense is more innept than your offense. Who knows with us anymore

Thanks for the misinformed tag, whomever you are.

I was speaking in terms of where we need to be if we wanted a Tier 2 bowl. Do I think 9-3 or 8-4 happens? No. I think 7-5 and 6-6 are much more likely.

Like I said in my pre-season thread, I see us at 7-5. Army, UVA, and BC are the wins. Probably in the Military bowl.

Back