• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State -8

I've got money on this game with a Pack guy at work.
We have to win.
The money is insignificant compared to bragging rights.

I hope the fact that both Duke and Wake have won the ACC FB championship much more recently than NCSU drives their fans crazy. The last time they won it was in 1979. And the last time the Holes won it was in 1980.

When talking to state fans, I always mention other ACC schools (when applicable) as "former Division Champion...".
For instance, this weekend N.C. State hosts former Division Champion Wake Forest.
Inflection is important to achieve desired result.

Look for cow college to come out flat following their open date while the Deacs are still flying high from the BIG CAN'T COUNT road win! :thumbsup:

I was at the 2008 game. Freaking Marshall Williams dropped a dime from Riley that would have given us the lead really late. That sucked.

I was right there in that end zone too. Brutal

Crazy to think we had a great chance to go to 3 straight ACCCG from 06-08. And I'll argue that 09 was the most talented team that Grobe had during his tenure. That 09 team was extremely snake bit. Lost 5 game by a total of 13 points. Oh well, the life of a Wake fan.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda won in 2004 as well.

All aboard the Marcus McGruder roller coaster! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

HTTD's post... Wow. I'm not optimistic about Saturday. Think the Deacs will come back down a bit. Still, starting 4-0 is amazing and probably exceeded everyone's expectations.

Here are the results of the last 10 games with the Woofies. The Deacs last beat State in Raleigh 2006. The 2008 Raleigh loss was close, but the 2010, 2012 and 2014 losses in Raleigh were not close.

Date Away/Home
10/24/15 NCST 35 - WAKE 17
11/15/14 WAKE 13 - NCST 42
10/05/13 NCST 13 - WAKE 28
11/10/12 WAKE 6 - NCST 37
09/10/11 NCST 27 - WAKE 34
11/13/10 WAKE 3 - NCST 38
10/03/09 NCST 24 - WAKE 30
11/15/08 WAKE 17 - NCST 21
11/17/07 NCST 18 - WAKE 38
10/14/06 WAKE 25 - NCST 23

^^^ That's all history. In the past. Can't change it.

This weekend, we control our own destiny. Expecting a Win.

After listening to Clawson's weekly press conference, I am not sure why we even are bothering on going down to Raleigh. He made it sound like we were going to play Alabama!

After listening to Clawson's weekly press conference, I am not sure why we even are bothering on going down to Raleigh. He made it sound like we were going to play Alabama!

Well you know, their coach says that they are going to recruit like Alabama.*

*Technically true: Neither even bothers recruiting 4*s out of high school.

Back