• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Arnold Palmer

arnold-palmer-muhammad-ali-and-dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat-stand-on-picture-id72913813

It's very hard for DWade to look like the nobody in a photo, but here you go

Very sad to hear, like has been said, I was afraid his health had declined a lot. Jack Nicklaus has always been my favorite sports figure, but I love Arnie and Wake Forest could not have had a better representative.

I will order an Arnold Palmer at lunch tomorrow in tribute.

Wake Forest should serve them (Arnold Palmers) for free tomorrow.

It has looked like his health has been heading south, and I had been expecting this before too long. But a pretty darn glorious 87 years. Doubt he would have traded places with anyone. A life worthy of much celebration and admiration.

9a497490a2d24f9b4cd0c36244a17c09.jpg

I played Harbour Town at Hilton Head today. Arnie won the very first Heritage Classic there in 1969, and his presence that first year was largely credited for turning that into one of the most anticipated events on Tour. This one was for you, Arnie--the Greatest Ambassador that the game of golf has ever known.

Great ambassador for Wake Forest and for the game of golf. Arnie was role model in many respects. One of my earliest sport's heroes. I have dreaded this day for a long time. Very sad.

The best ambassador this University has ever had. We are blessed to have had him and Tim together for as long as we have. They are both pro humanitate personified rest in peace Mr. Palmer.

Sad news. Few get to be among the greatest in their chosen field. Fewer get to live long enough to truly live out legacy. He will be missed.

Arnold Palmer Passing

Football game just mentioned he has passed away. Devastating if true.

Back