• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Arnold Palmer

Very sad news this evening no doubt. RIP Arnie. I remember his car passing us in the parking lot at the Orange Bowl. He was smiling & waving at everyone. The absolute best person to represent Wake Forest.

Wow - Faldo sounds like a clown - can't you tell us anything profound about Arnie?

Forever the greatest. If you have children, point them towards Arnold Palmer and say "be that." And I'm not referring to his golf or business accomplishments.

What a sad day for the Deacon community, the golf world and our nation. A true national treasure...I knew this day was not too far off after seeing him at the Masters but it still comes as a shock. Thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

RIP Arnie...you will be missed dearly.

Best saying that I ever heard about this humble man was that 'everyone knew that he was Arnold Palmer except Arnold Palmer'.

My favorite story is the one my dad told me. Mom and Dad volunteered at the Vantage Senior Golf Tournament at Tanglewood every year and on a Monday or Tuesday practice round they walked with Arnie for a few holes. On the sixth hole they had to leave because my dad had to go to work. They hadn't spoken to Arnie at all but when he saw them leaving he asked my dad 'where are you going'? My dad replied that he had to get to work and Arnie said 'I hate to hear that, wish you could stay, it won't be the same without you'. Arnie said this to my dad! a perfect stranger.

Unbelievable man.

Tons of Wake shoutouts already by Lanny.

Wake needs to play the remainder of this football season for Arnold Palmer... and remember why.

We beat Duke on Arnie's birthday this year and Clawson gave him a video shoutout in the locker room afterwards, saying they weren't going to lose on his birthday.

We beat Duke on Arnie's birthday this year and Clawson gave him a video shoutout in the locker room afterwards, saying they weren't going to lose on his birthday.

Hopefully the football Deacs and the US Ryder Cup team win for Arnie this year

ESPN just ran a nice tribute from Jack Nicklaus. The King.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back