• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Arnold Palmer

I am a little surprised the school is not having a service in recognition of Palmer. I believe an on campus service would be well attended and certainly deserved. Maybe at some point in the future. It would be nice to somehow say "thank you" to Arnie for all that he did for Wake Forest. He was truly our greatest Deacon.

Maybe this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know where Gary Player is ?

Maybe this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know where Gary Player is ?

I think Gary called in to Golf Channel last week upon Arnie's passing but I didn't hear it. Him being absent yesterday and with nobody noting his absence made me fear that he was ill and unable to travel....almost like nobody wanted to talk about it.

Again, anyone have any info ?

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Wake Forest University Athletics Department today announced plans in which the Demon Deacon teams will honor the memory of Arnold Palmer. Palmer passed away on September 25 at the age of 87. The seven-time Major championship winner played his college golf at Wake Forest, winning multiple Southern Conference, Atlantic Coast Conference and NCAA championships.

All competitive athletic fields, including those at BB&T Field, Spry Stadium, Kentner Stadium, David F. Couch Ballpark and the Joel Coliseum, will have Palmer’s distinctive multi-color umbrella logo on or near the playing surface. Other venues that will have the umbrella logo include the Wake Forest Tennis Complex, the Indoor Tennis Center, the Cliff Neal Throws Area and the Arnold Palmer Golf Complex.

All Athletic teams will sport a logo honoring Palmer on all jerseys.

The Demon Deacon football team will have a helmet sticker honoring Palmer.

The Wake Forest football team will carry a flag bearing the umbrella logo when it takes the field for all remaining football games.

When Wake Forest hosts Syracuse in football at BB&T Field on Saturday, Oct. 8, a special pre-game recognition will be held to honor Palmer.

At the Syracuse game, Wake Forest invites fans to sign a large banner that will be presented to the Palmer family at a later date. The banner will be available for signing behind the McCreary Video Board.

Palmer received much recognition on campus during his life. There is one statue on campus and it is of Palmer and is located at the Arnold Palmer Golf Complex. There is an Arnold Palmer Dormitory on campus. Annually, Wake Forest’s Male Student-Athlete of the Year is recognized with the Arnold Palmer Award. And the University’s Traditions Council annually sponsors Arnold Palmer Day on Thursday of Masters Week where the student body is served complimentary Arnold Palmer beverages.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/100616aaa.html

Nice. I guess the flow car deleareship logo goes on the back or shorts

The NCAA deems the Umbrella logo to be a corporate logo, which is why we aren't using that instead of the AP. NCAA only allows 1 corporate logo per jersey and we already have the Nike logo.

The NCAA deems the Umbrella logo to be a corporate logo, which is why we aren't using that instead of the AP. NCAA only allows 1 corporate logo per jersey and we already have the Nike logo.

So are we breaking the rule wearing the umbrella on our football helmets?

Back